Giant Reign 27.5 Advanced 2015

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Reign 27.5 Advanced 2015
Posted: Apr 13, 2015 at 9:04 Quote
Just got my Reign 2 a month ago. Exactly the same dent. Other than that minor flaw, I love it!

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 8:31 Quote
Got mine 3 weeks ago advance 1 without the dent awsome bike only flaw ordered a small on the limit,but its a beast on the dh.

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 21:41 Quote
Got my Advanced 1 a week ago, no dent on the rear section. Love the bike and it loves speed, the faster the better, still setting up suspension for my riding style.

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 8:51 Quote
kmorgan wrote:
Got my Advanced 1 a week ago, no dent on the rear section. Love the bike and it loves speed, the faster the better, still setting up suspension for my riding style.

Scares the shit out of me how fast it goes. I'm captain slow.

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 1:40 Quote
Hi guys, sorry to hijack thread, I have a reign 1 (orange with the same dent) but has anyone looked under at the bottom bracket? my ride is only 1 month old and there is a rub mark eating into the bottom bracket from the gear cable. I have seen others and theirs is worse than mine as mine is still new. I suggest you look, as its there on the Aluminium but how does it affect the carbon??

Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 10:05 Quote
floyd1 wrote:
Hi guys, sorry to hijack thread, I have a reign 1 (orange with the same dent) but has anyone looked under at the bottom bracket? my ride is only 1 month old and there is a rub mark eating into the bottom bracket from the gear cable. I have seen others and theirs is worse than mine as mine is still new. I suggest you look, as its there on the Aluminium but how does it affect the carbon??

I experienced the same problem. The shop pulled the cable too tight and it very quickly ate my housing down to the cable and some carbon exposed, i replaced it myself and left a healthy loop of cable and reversed the rubber gommit as it was also worn. and now I get zero rub, if the carbon is shown get some clear nail polish on there.tup

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 17:51 Quote
HobNob wrote:
jwillsaylor wrote:
I'm considering this bike but I'm curious about the complete weight. Anyone weighed theirs with or without pedals?

It would vary, like any bike. You could build one of these up from ~27lbs if you had the budget to support the parts needed.

The frame is very light for it's intended use.

I put Giant composite wheels on my Reign Advanced along with Raceface Next SL cranks, Haven carbon 35mm handlebar and Easton Haven 50mm stem, and SRAM X01 derailleur and lastly SRAM XX1 carbon shifter. The result 12.1kg machine (with XT clipless and stock Schwalbe tyres). I'm happy! Big Grin

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 9:08 Quote
Is anyone getting some annoying creaks on there reign advanced 1 ? I thought it was my pedals but changed them out and it wasn't that. Doesn't seem to be pivots. My chain rings are tight. Could it be the press fit BB. Bearings.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 9:11 Quote
Frowzy wrote:
floyd1 wrote:

I experienced the same problem. The shop pulled the cable too tight and it very quickly ate my housing down to the cable and some carbon exposed, i replaced it myself and left a healthy loop of cable and reversed the rubber gommit as it was also worn. and now I get zero rub, if the carbon is shown get some clear nail polish on there.tup

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 9:12 Quote
I've got the same problem and it is worn pretty deep. I wonder if it will compromise the strength?

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
harq16 wrote:
I've got the same problem and it is worn pretty deep. I wonder if it will compromise the strength?
If it isn't all the way through just ride and don't let it rub anymore mine was deep aswell

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 9:29 Quote
harq16 wrote:
Is anyone getting some annoying creaks on there reign advanced 1 ? I thought it was my pedals but changed them out and it wasn't that. Doesn't seem to be pivots. My chain rings are tight. Could it be the press fit BB. Bearings.

Make sure headset is all tight, if creaking under the seat I like to take off my cranks and just clean away dirt and debris and put it all back together everything nice and tight

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 15:55 Quote
Grease up the derailleur hanger and frame interfaces

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 18:46 Quote
hambee-enchurbro wrote:
Grease up the derailleur hanger and frame interfaces
It only happens when I stand and crank . It's minor but still bothers me lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022813
Mobile Version of Website