Octane One Void 3.0 question

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Octane One Void 3.0 question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 31, 2014 at 12:33 Quote
Hey Pinkbike!

Looking into getting one of these off chain reaction. Had a question though. Im kind of new to the DJ scene and was wondering if the head tube could fit a tapered for such as a fox 831. Not sure what this means "(Campy spec 45/45 deg, OD41.8mm)" Im used to reading built for a "1.5", "1 1/8", or "tapered". Also would like to know if the frame is any decent. Thanks! -Josh

Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 4:43 Quote
Got this of the octane one site:
compatible with all forks with 1&1/8” (1.125”) steertube.
So only a 1 1/8 fork will fit. No tapered or 1.5's.
If you really want a tapered fork in this frame there are special headsets you can buy to make it fit but I have no idea about that so ask that your lbs or an experienced guy on this forum.

Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 4:34 Quote
jmcleod66 wrote:
Hey Pinkbike!

Looking into getting one of these off chain reaction. Had a question though. Im kind of new to the DJ scene and was wondering if the head tube could fit a tapered for such as a fox 831. Not sure what this means "(Campy spec 45/45 deg, OD41.8mm)" Im used to reading built for a "1.5", "1 1/8", or "tapered". Also would like to know if the frame is any decent. Thanks! -Josh

I've only been riding a DJ bike for a year so might not be the best person to ask. But, I have an Octane Void and really love it.

They are very popular and good for dirt jumps, street and park.

A tapered fork won't fit.

They are single speed only, so if you want to run gears then find another frame.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009190
Mobile Version of Website