Headphones For Full Face Helmets

PB Forum :: Downhill
Headphones For Full Face Helmets
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 18:23 Quote
Ok, so i've been looking everywhere online for headphones/speakers to fit in full face helmets with specific features which allows the use of speakers/headphones. For one example, the Bell Transfer 9 has a feature called 'soundtrax' where you can fit some speakers behind the cover of the helmet. I found that this would be amazing if i could actually find some speakers to put in there. I saw some on ear speakers which were made to clip onto the ear and do their job, but that's not meant for the design of the soundtrax or similar. Anyone got speakers for their full face helmets they'd like to recommend? Would highly appreciate it!Smile

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 19:07 Quote
I have some for my demon full face made by skull candy. I think my amazon search was for in helmet headphones. The tricky part is the measurements inside the helmet where they would fit. There were a bunch of different sizes.

FL
Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 20:00 Quote
Hey i did this a couple years ago. Bluetooth adapter with flat ear buds.

http://m.pinkbike.com/video/252095/

I will see if i have any kits left

Posted: Feb 14, 2015 at 6:24 Quote
Maybe its a bit overprice for listening music but me and my friend are using sena smh10 so we can talk while riding/ use cellphone and bluethoot music and it work really well

http://www.sena.com/product/intercoms/smh10/

Posted: Feb 14, 2015 at 7:44 Quote
I have TLD D2 I actually just put headphones into yesterday. Earbuds in this helmet were not comfortable at all. So i went to Future Shop, found the "flattest" headphones I could with Ipod control, they just happened to be some Sennheisers haha. I don't feel bad about hacking up new headphones, I paid for them with gift cards. It took a bit of work to get the headphones apart from the headband with out wrecking the cable but it was manageable. The next problem I had was there were little metal pieces poking out the back of the heheadphones and the audio cable runs right though it. So i got out a small reamer and knife just to open up the back hole to pull these pins out. Next I gorilla taped the wire from each headphone to the back of the headphone just to keep them in place and from pulling out. Then added a couple strips of Velcro to each one. And found the sweet spot in the helmets ear pieces. Placed them inside, and tucked all excess cable under the helmet liner. Now this audio cable has the Ipod controls, so that little portion of cable slightly hangs down by my chin strap leaving me just enough room to access the buttons. Everything else is hidden. And finally I ran the cable underneath my goggle strap to where I have my Ipod mounted. I have a Gen 3 shuffle, so it is super small. I just clip that to my goggle strap at the back of the helmet. It's hardly noticable at all. I'll post up some completed pics here soon. I should have done a how to lol.

Now as for the sound. It's not bad at all. I can hear the music, and should be able to hear the outside world to while riding unlike my earbuds. And I don't even know the headphones are in the helmet when there is no music on.

I will get on some pics right away. I may even pull the liner out and get some detailed ones explaining the steps. And these were the thinnest headphones I could find...Sennheiser PX 100 series. 80 bucks or so. Sure glad I had gift cards haha!

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 14:48 Quote
Look into these. You can take the pads off and mount them to the inside of the helmet, and your ears remain open. Inhave them in my motorcycle helmet and they kick ass

http://www.aftershokz.com/products/

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 19:44 Quote
Skull candy home brew or cassette headphones should fit. I've never tried them with a bike helmet, but they work great for skiing.

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 6:08 Quote
I just use standard £5 earphones and run the wire under my jersey.

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 13:03 Quote
I use these and they are perfect and have lasted more than a year. Good bass, and since they are not "in" your ear, you can still hear whats going on around you if you choose to not blast them. I bought two just in case. Fit right in where the space for your ears are on the helmet, run the cable through my jersey to my ipod nano. $5 bucks free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorbike-Helmet-Speakers-Volume-Control-for-Motorcycle-MP3-GPS-Extended-Cable-/390903802019

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 11:41 Quote
robd420 wrote:
I have TLD D2 I actually just put headphones into yesterday. Earbuds in this helmet were not comfortable at all. So i went to Future Shop, found the "flattest" headphones I could with Ipod control, they just happened to be some Sennheisers haha. I don't feel bad about hacking up new headphones, I paid for them with gift cards. It took a bit of work to get the headphones apart from the headband with out wrecking the cable but it was manageable. The next problem I had was there were little metal pieces poking out the back of the heheadphones and the audio cable runs right though it. So i got out a small reamer and knife just to open up the back hole to pull these pins out. Next I gorilla taped the wire from each headphone to the back of the headphone just to keep them in place and from pulling out. Then added a couple strips of Velcro to each one. And found the sweet spot in the helmets ear pieces. Placed them inside, and tucked all excess cable under the helmet liner. Now this audio cable has the Ipod controls, so that little portion of cable slightly hangs down by my chin strap leaving me just enough room to access the buttons. Everything else is hidden. And finally I ran the cable underneath my goggle strap to where I have my Ipod mounted. I have a Gen 3 shuffle, so it is super small. I just clip that to my goggle strap at the back of the helmet. It's hardly noticable at all. I'll post up some completed pics here soon. I should have done a how to lol.

Now as for the sound. It's not bad at all. I can hear the music, and should be able to hear the outside world to while riding unlike my earbuds. And I don't even know the headphones are in the helmet when there is no music on.

I will get on some pics right away. I may even pull the liner out and get some detailed ones explaining the steps. And these were the thinnest headphones I could find...Sennheiser PX 100 series. 80 bucks or so. Sure glad I had gift cards haha!

Awesome man! Thanks allot for taking the time to comment! I'm extremely frustrated as i can not find any decent speakers haha! If you could post some pics that would be great!

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 7:20 Quote
robd420 wrote:

Do you have any pictures of the finished product?

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 7:30 Quote
Harperrider and goldenclaw....I'll post up pics shortly, I need coffee first haha. I totally forgot to add the pictures to this thread.

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 at 22:23 Quote
Phillips Ear buds, with ear hook are perfect, good sound, and stay in place. about 20 bucks. Thats what I use. I found them online at Headphones Unboxed.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 6:51 Quote
http://www.outdoortechnology.com/Shop/Chips/
Fit great in my transfer 9, good sound, bluetooth, and last the whole day.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013488
Mobile Version of Website