2013 specialized enduro evo rear shock

PB Forum :: Specialized
2013 specialized enduro evo rear shock
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 9:41 Quote
hi, i have 2013 specialized enduro evo 26' and im willing to change rear shock. now, my rear shock's, which is fox van r, i2i and stroke lengths are 8.75x2.5 and i want to get rockshox monarch plus shock with same i2i and stroke lengths, but i only found 8.75 shock with 2.6 stroke and 8.5 shock with 2.5 stroke. so what do you think, will 0.1 inch more shock stroke or 0.25 inch shorter shock with same stroke harm my bike in any way? also how will total travel change? has any of you installed any of these 2 shocks on your enduro evo? thanks in advance.

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 8:12 Quote
Im building up an evo and wanting to do the same install.

Im thinking about running the 8.5 x 2.5 shock so it will be the same travel but sitting 10 percent into its own sag.
I dont plan on running alot of acutal sag so it should sit at a similar ride height to my demo,
Fingers crossed the wheel doesent hit the frame.

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 10:37 Quote
camridesbikes wrote:
Im building up an evo and wanting to do the same install.

Im thinking about running the 8.5 x 2.5 shock so it will be the same travel but sitting 10 percent into its own sag.
I dont plan on running alot of acutal sag so it should sit at a similar ride height to my demo,
Fingers crossed the wheel doesent hit the frame.
yeah, travel will be same but i think first you have to try the shock and then buy it because the wheel can hit the seatpost or the seat itself. i have seen 8.75x2.5 shocks but all of them were new and price was above $400.

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 19:29 Quote
Did u guys put that air shock on the evo I also want to do that

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 8:53 Quote
andrewcuellar wrote:
Did u guys put that air shock on the evo I also want to do that
no, have not done it yet. will post it here when ill do it but i dont think it will happen anytime soon Big Grin

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009942
Mobile Version of Website