Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 9:17 Quote
Well here we go.. every year this happens... someone comes in here and accuses everyone else of ruining the thread and that it is an embarrassment. then we say 'it should be bike related'. well that shit has now run its course. we are now back to trolling to get content.

i am not really sure why we care that people think this is an embarrassment in here. beside the regular posters and g123 not one of them has ever come in to make it a better place... and honestly? its like a bunch of alcoholics have come to hang here. socially inept, a little aggressive and unpredictable.. i am completely ok with that. as a matter of fact i like it. we are a fringe sport (or used to be) in a fringe forum so talk about fringe things. we had a problem with exclusion in here a couple of years ago and now we beat up on everyone equally.

We just had johny smoke in here mixing it up and no one mentions it. not one of you even asked for an autograph.. does it really have to be bike related? there is a couple of us who switched to a different forum because it isnt always biking. you can get to know people. as a matter of fact we set up a play date for tomorrow on that board and talked about tinder girls that like anal....

Anyways.. anything else bike related you want to talk about? bike season is here? so set up some play dates, tell us about yourself, etc... we have a good thing here with people paying not paying attention, so lets quite acting like princess and post some shit. take a chance...

the only rule in here is be nice.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 11:19 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Well here we go.. every year this happens... someone comes in here and accuses everyone else of ruining the thread and that it is an embarrassment. then we say 'it should be bike related'. well that shit has now run its course. we are now back to trolling to get content.

i am not really sure why we care that people think this is an embarrassment in here. beside the regular posters and g123 not one of them has ever come in to make it a better place... and honestly? its like a bunch of alcoholics have come to hang here. socially inept, a little aggressive and unpredictable.. i am completely ok with that. as a matter of fact i like it. we are a fringe sport (or used to be) in a fringe forum so talk about fringe things. we had a problem with exclusion in here a couple of years ago and now we beat up on everyone equally.

We just had johny smoke in here mixing it up and no one mentions it. not one of you even asked for an autograph.. does it really have to be bike related? there is a couple of us who switched to a different forum because it isnt always biking. you can get to know people. as a matter of fact we set up a play date for tomorrow on that board and talked about tinder girls that like anal....

Anyways.. anything else bike related you want to talk about? bike season is here? so set up some play dates, tell us about yourself, etc... we have a good thing here with people paying not paying attention, so lets quite acting like princess and post some shit. take a chance...

Hey VJ your dickfor is showing! *snicker*

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 11:46 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

Hey VJ your dickfor is showing! *snicker*

and thats only the tip.....

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 12:58 Quote
Just razzin him. I may not always agree but sne funny exchanges happen here. It's just bikes. Besides the skiing sucks at the mo and too much snow to bike. You did say something about pics and girls with hoop dreams didn't you?

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 13:06 Quote
Can't speak for anyone else but with this tacky dirt it's been work-ride-repeat until the w/e then ride-ride repeat. Anything Internet takes a backseat...

But on the content topic, I will say this - I've been in and out of the PB forums since 99 when there were only a few hundred local users, pretty much calgary only. The old threaded forum was a spot for ppl to set up rides and talk shit about the latest drop to concrete flat they did. Aside from markeed and a few others, no one is still here from that time. It was 90% ride talk and 10% bullshit. Good ratio.

When I go to PB, I mostly want to read about bikes and biking shit. If I want to hear about random other stuff, there's Reddit, Chive, etc etc to browse. Maybe people want to talk about music videos but if it's what takes up most of the conversation then I'm out. I'd rather see something every couple days that is remotely bike related than a post every 20 mins about random crap. Maybe that's just me.
Also, I give very few f*cks about what any random comes on to say if they are critical. XB or anyone else has the right to their opinion, as long as it's not slander or actually hurting someone for no reason.

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 13:13 Quote
Sorry thought it was the internet. 15 yrs of 90% bikes and 10% whining and you ride a sc. Change the ratio

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 13:41 Quote
Geez, what's with all the heavy stuff in this forum?

Out at Ellison today. Bags of fun, but I was sucking wind pretty bad. First impressions of the new wheels - snappy and gobs of grip. Seriously, the grip was surprising. I'm running an XC-ish tire out back (Maxxis Ardent Race) and it hooked up all over!

photo

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 14:02 Quote
won-sean-animal-chin wrote:
Sorry thought it was the internet. 15 yrs of 90% bikes and 10% whining and you ride a sc. Change the ratio

Hey I'd rather read about bikes on PB but yep it's the internet, so if NBR is your thing then let er buck.

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 14:21 Quote
neptuak wrote:
Geez, what's with all the heavy stuff in this forum?

Out at Ellison today. Bags of fun, but I was sucking wind pretty bad. First impressions of the new wheels - snappy and gobs of grip. Seriously, the grip was surprising. I'm running an XC-ish tire out back (Maxxis Ardent Race) and it hooked up all over!

photo

Same rubber Im running. are you running tubeless?

I have met and rode with quite a few people off here over the years. im on reddit and the chive too, but prefer this as because we know each other you are accountable to your opinion. it also means more when you say things. i got a alot of karma on 1 reddit account because i use it to agree with most things and i have another account where im not so nice. its fun but it is all bullshit. this isn't as complete bullshit. if some f*cker on the chive hurt themselves it is more of a drama than here.. it is a concern.

anyways. it is now bike season. we have a big group heading out to savona tomorrow. conditions are excellent. if anyone is going on rides i fully expect invites at some point from some of you f*ggots...

ok. back to painting the house to help get our of the doghouse for buying another bike...

ps. did i blow that already?

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 14:29 Quote
I think most of my posts are bike related. You threw down the "local" card(forum since 90?) so I felt obligated to troll. I was smiling does that help? All good. Carry on tearing up your hero dirt. I'll carry in being jelly
In other related old news. Yrs ago at mt 7 psychosis. The day before race day a girl came up to me and said " r u Johnny Smoke? ". I replied , not knowing of Smoke at the time, " no I'm Seany smoke". She looked at me like I had 3 heads and promptly took off. My g town buddy explained. We laughed. I did smoke a lot at the time......

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 15:42 Quote
There's still that chainless A-line issue to settle
VJ, that invite is still there. Savona will be ripper rt now enjoy.

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 15:56 Quote
g123 wrote:
There's still that chainless A-line issue to settle
VJ, that invite is still there. Savona will be ripper rt now enjoy.

ha.. no... dirt merchant to aline... i have a video of what i was taking about..... i forgot i had a broken spring in the fox that i didnt know about at the time. i stepped in it but that guy from penticton is going to get punched in the mouth if i see him this summer. turns out we have mutual friends.. go figure..

i will probably be in whistler at some point between aug 15-22.. i have a couple different sets of friends going through and i probably only have a day or 2 or 3... im in on the chainless anyways.

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 16:19 Quote
Look a long post.

Alright,
Here is my take on it all.
I'm good with 70% bike 30% bulshit and nonsence.
I will tolerate a little more nonsense if its actually funny and amusing.
Saying something like "Unless its a 29er, nobody wants one of those" is funny in a ball busting way.
I've said that exact thing.
No disrespect to the 29 crowd, I'm just poking fun.
Same thing goes for XB saying "One of those squeaky pivot Rocky Mountain bikes" or "The only downfall to this video is the 3 Intense frames he cracked while filming this video and the 2 Carbon rims he completely tacoe'd!" about the Kovarick video.
Those are both funny IMO.

Now here's the but.

But...
Attacking someone for their choice of bike, parts or kit is not cool.
No one should do that.
Neither is Tippie attacking for two pages.
Its a little much.
Say what you need to say, you're definitely entitled to your opinion and move on.
Also the back and forth ranting by people about the oilfields demise or triumph is boring and just pisses people off.
Don't need that in here or at least keep it to a minimum and civil.
No offence to anyone that has taken part in any of that.
I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus.
Just pointing it out.
This is not a joke and I'm not trolling for reaction.
I'm just telling you what I think.

Everyone is welcome to express opinions as this is a public forum.
But remember the MTB is a small community and we all see each other from time to time.
I'm trying to see the good in all people and get along with everyone.
Maybe we can all do that and not always go straight to the fu*k that guy and this is why card.
Maybe?

Shred_idealist

PS-
I don't really think XB wants to be the most hated man on the internet.
I had a very rational digital conversion with XB this morning about bike parts, exchange rates and white or black forks.
More of that in here would be good.
But do not try and hug him in wild.
He still may bite.
As far as VJ.
He will still try and hug him.
VJ has a thing for man love and moms.

2 cents
Now lets ride!

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 16:26 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Look a long post.

Alright,
Here is my take on it all.
I'm good with 70% bike 30% bulshit and nonsence.
I will tolerate a little more nonsense if its actually funny and amusing.
Saying something like "Unless its a 29er, nobody wants one of those" is funny in a ball busting way.
I've said that exact thing.
No disrespect to the 29 crowd, I'm just poking fun.
Same thing goes for XB saying "One of those squeaky pivot Rocky Mountain bikes" or "The only downfall to this video is the 3 Intense frames he cracked while filming this video and the 2 Carbon rims he completely tacoe'd!" about the Kovarick video.
Those are both funny IMO.

Now here's the but.

But...
Attacking someone for their choice of bike, parts or kit is not cool.
No one should do that.
Neither is Tippie attacking for two pages.
Its a little much.
Say what you need to say, you're definitely entitled to your opinion and move on.
Also the back and forth ranting by people about the oilfields demise or triumph is boring and just pisses people off.
Don't need that in here or at least keep it to a minimum and civil.
No offence to anyone that has taken part in any of that.
I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus.
Just pointing it out.
This is not a joke and I'm not trolling for reaction.
I'm just telling you what I think.

Everyone is welcome to express opinions as this is a public forum.
But remember the MTB is a small community and we all see each other from time to time.
I'm trying to see the good in all people and get along with everyone.
Maybe we can all do that and not always go straight to the fu*k that guy and this is why card.
Maybe?

Shred_idealist

PS-
I don't really think XB wants to be the most hated man on the internet.
I had a very rational digital conversion with XB this morning about bike parts, exchange rates and white or black forks.
More of that in here would be good.
But do not try and hug him in wild.
He still may bite.
As far as VJ.
He will still try and hug him.
VJ has a thing for man love and moms.

2 cents
Now lets ride!

Your only saying that because you ride a Giant...

hugs make the world go around.
Robin

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 16:33 Quote
XB is liking the sound of those Ardent Races! Hooking up in these conditions, sweet. I've been unable to see one in person as no LBS's carry them locally. Do they look a lot more aggressive than a Crossmark? XB's rear tire will be toast after a month of riding foot out on Deez Nutz, so he will need a rear tire soon.

Longest post ever Shred, like who has time to read that. Heard thru the grapevine you bought an Ibis frame, $3500 frame only? That's gonna be a sweet but spendy super-bike...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022857
Mobile Version of Website