Rl2 slant bottom fork bath oil

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rl2 slant bottom fork bath oil
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 2:44 Quote
HI Guys
recently purchased a 2nd hand bike Tomac Snyper 140 with some RL2 slants on it as I'm not sure if and when these have been serviced or not. I have got hold of the special xfusion tool for the left leg but unsure if i can use any 7.5w oil or does it have to be specific grade.

cheers
D.

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 8:13 Quote
Degsy wrote:
HI Guys
recently purchased a 2nd hand bike Tomac Snyper 140 with some RL2 slants on it as I'm not sure if and when these have been serviced or not. I have got hold of the special xfusion tool for the left leg but unsure if i can use any 7.5w oil or does it have to be specific grade.

cheers
D.
hi,I would use the proper stuff,but I suppose if the weights right it should be ok.Where did you get the tool from?ive been after on my self

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 11:49 Quote
does the manual specify 7.5wt in the lowers?
Most likely going heavier is better than thinner, since it won't stick to the bushings/lowers as well.

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 2:15 Quote
the correct oil is specified on the service video on xfusion site and in the pdf doc but cant get it i know its 7.5wt oil and thats it.

I got a aftermarket tool from here
hhttp://outlet.upgradebikes.co.uk/Outlet/Forks-Suspension/X-Fusion/X-Fusion-Spares

haven't used it yet though
D.

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 23:57 Quote
Degsy wrote:
the correct oil is specified on the service video on xfusion site and in the pdf doc but cant get it i know its 7.5wt oil and thats it.

I got a aftermarket tool from here
hhttp://outlet.upgradebikes.co.uk/Outlet/Forks-Suspension/X-Fusion/X-Fusion-Spares

haven't used it yet though
D.
did you buy it recently?i can't open the link you've posted.And there doesn't seem to be any such thing listed on their site.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 2:03 Quote
yeah bought about 8 days ago , like I say haven't used it yet as waiting to by 7.5wt fork oil and the seal service kit.

here you go mate still works for me thin a extra h slipped in at the front?

http://outlet.upgradebikes.co.uk/Outlet/Forks-Suspension/X-Fusion/X-Fusion-Spares

D.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 3:05 Quote
Degsy wrote:
yeah bought about 8 days ago , like I say haven't used it yet as waiting to by 7.5wt fork oil and the seal service kit.

here you go mate still works for me thin a extra h slipped in at the front?

http://outlet.upgradebikes.co.uk/Outlet/Forks-Suspension/X-Fusion/X-Fusion-Spares

D.
yeh got that now mate,I hate send forks away to be serviced.cheers

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 5:52 Quote
yeah i know , and service video looks pretty straight forward so im giving it a go. done rear rp23 the other day piece of piss to do.

enjoy
D

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 6:05 Quote
Always serviced my rockshox forks,from top to bottom
photo
I got my Slants serviced at J tech,with a custom tune,negative spring upgrade and SKF low friction seals.Blows the pikes out of the water.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 7:01 Quote
nice to hear, new (2nd hand bike for me ) came with the slants on so all new to me at the moment looking forward to getting out on them though

if you do your slants let me know how it goes and what bath oil you use
cheers

D.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 7:06 Quote
Degsy wrote:
nice to hear, new (2nd hand bike for me ) came with the slants on so all new to me at the moment looking forward to getting out on them though

if you do your slants let me know how it goes and what bath oil you use
cheers
Yeh will do,I'll post some pics up.wont be for six months though as they've only just been done.take no notice of the recommended air pressures on the back of the fork,work off sag only.
D.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 7:07 Quote
jase can i ask how heavy you are and what sag you running them at and are you set on 150mm or do you have dla version?

cheers pal
D.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 7:15 Quote
I'm 200lbs in kit,I run 65psi,which gives me 25% sag on the 160mm,but due to the tune,SKF seals and negative spring upgrade the fork is not like the standard one.The set up I have is plush 25% stroke after the sag travel.then plenty if mid travel support for cornering and brake dive(although it's pretty good due to the mid valve tech in the fork).and soft bottom out.18 click of rebound from slow to fast.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 7:53 Quote
sounds like you got it running sweet mate , how much did the tune set you back?

D.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 8:00 Quote
£80 for the full service,including seals,£20 for the tune and £20 for the spring upgrade,all in all with postage £135,only paid £200 for the forks,so still a better option than any other forks.If the forks are recently serviced they won't charge you for that.Ring J Tech,they're sound.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024267
Mobile Version of Website