Ns bikes park vs dirt frames?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Ns bikes park vs dirt frames?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2015 at 5:51 Quote
Hi, im going to be buying a new frame soon, i've got a ns suburban dirt edition, im thinking about buying the park edition, is there that much difference in how they ride or do they feel completely different? Same question refers to a majesty dirt and park frame

Thanks

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 10:03 Quote
Majesty:
The Park version of the Majesty got Spanish BB,steeper head angle,slightly higher BB,shorter chainstays.
The Dirt version of the Majesty got EuBB,lower BB,and works with higher fork (max. 140mm).

Infos taken from http://www.ns-bikes.com/majesty,1160,pl.htm

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 12:59 Quote
Vrexzify wrote:
Majesty:
The Park version of the Majesty got Spanish BB,steeper head angle,slightly higher BB,shorter chainstays.
The Dirt version of the Majesty got EuBB,lower BB,and works with higher fork (max. 140mm).

Would you say its worth going from the suburban dirt to the suburban park frame?

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 13:36 Quote
cennyddwilliams97 wrote:
Vrexzify wrote:
Majesty:

Would you say its worth going from the suburban dirt to the suburban park frame?

I would go with the Park version. It got Spanish bb,shorter chainstay,etc. so it would be good in park,on street or dirt.
But that's just my opinion.

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 14:08 Quote
yeah, we will see, need to find someone who's riden both to see whats their opinion

Cheers for the help though

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 5:49 Quote
I say this almost every day-. I have a Sub park and a Maj dirt. They are COMPLETELY different rides. The sub does 180 hops easily and generally feels more nimble than the Maj dirt. My recommendaation would be to go with the Maj park. Sub parks and dirts are. Different, but still similar enough that it might be a bit of a waste. At least with the Maj park, youu can feel the slightly different geo of a Majesty... I have to say though, the Sub park is one of my favorite bikes ever... so I want to reecommend it... its just that having the. Same bike in park and dirt might feel stupid for you. Especially considerignthat depending on whether you run one slammed in the chainstays and one with a little more travel than the other, they could end up feeling exactly the same

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 6:29 Quote
Yeah true, i want the majesty park but it costs more than double what the suburban park does, do you find the majesty dirt to feel more stable on dirt jumps? Apparently the majesty park doesnt feel stable on jumps, yet again the maj park might be better for me because im not that tall, im 5.8 and the suburban feels a bit big, but that might be just because i ride bmx every now and again

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 6:34 Quote
go for the park frame. I love my Maj park. took a couple rides to get used to it (coming off a long and slack kona frame). but i love the responsiveness of it and its awesome for pretty much everything. you're totally fine on big stuff and its super fun for street stuff. Even pilgrim rides the park version jacked up at 110mm and he hits huge stuff

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011909
Mobile Version of Website