Berms

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 8:15 Quote
Anyone have tips on riding small berms with lots of speed? I have a race today and am still a bit iffy on them.

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 3:14 Quote
Slow down before you get to the berm and try not to put you brakes on during the berm... Other than that just keeping traction is the main thing and the angle of your bike. If you still find your not going round the berm fast enough then it's time for some new tires with more tread on the side of the tyre.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 10:29 Quote
Drop your outside pedal and lean your bike, not your body so much. Keep your inside arm straight, avoid the front brake or your will more than likely wash out. Just like Thenorcoguy224 said, brake before the turn. Braking inside the turn is going to cause you to loose traction. Also, if your tires are bald its going to make things more difficult. Leaning the bike and dropping the outside pedal is something that has really helped me. I don't always have a chance to ride berms and bike park style course, so I don't have a lot of practice on them, so what I did was just ride around my campus and trying to take sharp turns by leaning my bike as low as I could. If you can do it on flat concrete, you can do it on a berm. I hope your race went well, practice, practice, practice. For most of my first berms I usually just sucked at them, or washed out. Give it some time and you will be railing them in no time.!

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 15:43 Quote
Remember to look ahead into the berm not what's going on right in front of you.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 23:57 Quote
SoDiezl350 wrote:
Remember to look ahead into the berm not what's going on right in front of you.

This. Also look through the berm to the exit as you enter it. This helps you keep your vision onto whats after the berm and helps to rotate your hips/shoulders with the berm. I find the faster shorter the turn/berm the more exaggerated I need to look round.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 22:53 Quote
I personally wouldn't drop a foot during the turn. Definitely break before but never break coming out of a turn and usually pedal.

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 4:46 Quote
2nd not dropping a foot unless you need to.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013206
Mobile Version of Website