Do you put time in the gym?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Do you put time in the gym?
Posted: May 17, 2016 at 5:15 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
riish wrote:
yo mini, how do you reckon the prowler goes as a tool to improve riding fitness?
it's getting a too dark to run or ride after work these days, so I'm wondering whether i can keep up conditioning levels over winter with the sled.
current goal is simply to get my squat max up to 150-160 again, but once I've hit that i'd like to simply maintain it and keep pushing my conditioning levels through winter.

I was so stoked about having access to a prowler when I moved away for Uni.

I think it's a brilliant tool, especially for DH/Enduro, where most trails are short sections of maximal power. You can really mimic that with the prowler. I'm surprised you don't see more mention of it.

Thought about a turbo? I actually quite liked it during winter as a change of pace. Let me watch films and stuff while training. I'll probably buy one that gives me a bit of feedback next time. I have no clue what power I maintain.

It's the balance that's hard isn't it? Trying to maintain a squat while maintaining your conditioning really is tough.

My current issue is that my right knee patellar tendon is still very sensitive, as the entire center of the lower kneecap part got cut out. This carries over to the quad tendon, which is becoming an issue if I squat over 120, I'm realising
I'm starting to think my knee isn't quite ready for heavy squat days just yet, maybe needs a few more months to build tendon strength back up.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 5:20 Quote
EricThiessen wrote:
maybe just do some squats before my arm workout? I might try that

You can try some Kettlebell or TRX workouts.My friend is having some spine problems so he can't go ham on legs so workouts like stagger stance squat,bulgarian split squat or one leg squats with TRX (anything that didn't strain his upper back tbh) did great for him so you might try that.

Right now i'm doing alot of swings and they are doing great for my body.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 10:08 Quote
Thanks Calek, Might give her a try! different style of workout than i usually do, but it is good to mix it up! This week i did deadlifts on a shoulder day and it felt good, considering it was after a day of construction. I think as long as i am committed to foam rolling and stretching, i shouldn't have a problem doing deads during the work week

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009008
Mobile Version of Website