Trance 1 or 2?

PB Forum :: Giant
Trance 1 or 2?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 20:40 Quote
So I am 16 and ride a hardtail and am looking to get a full suspension. I've been recommended either the Trance 1 or 2? My price range is around 2200. Should I get an older Trance 1, newer trance 2, or a different bike altogether? Can I get some advice please?

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 6:33 Quote
Cmac101 wrote:
So I am 16 and ride a hardtail and am looking to get a full suspension. I've been recommended either the Trance 1 or 2? My price range is around 2200. Should I get an older Trance 1, newer trance 2, or a different bike altogether? Can I get some advice please?

For that price you can get a brand new trance 3, and upgrade the shock and fork later if you decide it needs it and you really like the geometry.

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 1:46 Quote
I have the Trance 2 and I'm very proud of it. I'm starting to do enduro now and the only thing I need is a dropper post. Go for it!!!

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 4:01 Quote
2016 Trances have Fox with newer FIT4 cartridges, better than CTD. Don't go Trance 3, you will spend more money on upgrades than buying Trance 2, i think it not wise to buy lowest model, better go for higher spec right away.

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 4:18 Quote
This year's Trance 2 is a cracking bike for the money, it's an extra £100 for much better suspention and a dropper, I'd for the new bike every time, and there's nothing like a new bike day.

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 11:30 Quote
ddfc wrote:
This year's Trance 2 is a cracking bike for the money, it's an extra £100 for much better suspention and a dropper, I'd for the new bike every time, and there's nothing like a new bike day.

here in the US, there is $600 difference.

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 11:39 Quote
hig4s wrote:
ddfc wrote:

you mean between 2016 Trance 2 and 3?
If so, fork, shock and dropper post upgrades will cost you how much?
As was said, the 2016 Trance 2 is really nice, out of the box (except maybe if someone wants 1x11 drivetrain)

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 8:51 Quote
brianl wrote:
hig4s wrote:
ddfc wrote:

you mean between 2016 Trance 2 and 3?
If so, fork, shock and dropper post upgrades will cost you how much?
As was said, the 2016 Trance 2 is really nice, out of the box (except maybe if someone wants 1x11 drivetrain)

Unless someone is already a pretty hot rider, I doubt the fox suspension will make much difference over the the RockShox,, and by the time they have their skills where it really makes a difference they might want/need even better suspension so I see the suspension difference as cool if money is no object but not necessary.

Decent KS eTen dropper $140.

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 at 8:43 Quote
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I looked around and bought a marin xm7 2015 from a shop over the trance. It was $200 more, but came with a ks dropper and upgraded suspension and drivetrain. Loving it so far!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014955
Mobile Version of Website