Abandoned trails

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Abandoned trails
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 10:27 Quote
I found what I believe to be some abandoned trails and a set of large jumps locally to me. I have visited a few times in the last couple of months and nothing has changed... Just quite a bit of litter around but hasn't become more.
I have taken my bike there but nothing rides well as it has been left (I think) for a couple of years.
Is it ok to start fixing these trails in the morning as I have seen no sign of riders there and got little info about guys riding there for the last 2 years.

Cheers

Matt

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
Maybe start by cleaning up the trash and brush wacking some old trails and then folow with some lip landing work on the jumps...and just maybe the old riding gang that build\used the jumps gets resoked about the new interest and helps you rebuild. Most people that have privit jumps greatly appreciate if someone helps with up keep.

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 11:54 Quote
I have my brush, rake and bramble clearing tools in the boot of my car. I will out a couple of bin bags in there too :-)

Posted: Oct 29, 2015 at 16:54 Quote
Good luck and happy shredding!

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 9:40 Quote
Rake it, smooth it out, pack it down.... get it running perfect and ride it hard.
When you are done riding, always rake out your wheel marks & foot prints so it looks fresh and you can tell if anybody else uses the place and the frequency in which they ride.
If no new ride marks show up within a reasonable amount of days / weeks, then you are the new builder.
Post up photos of the before & after, it always helps to have evidence / documentation of your efforts.

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 12:18 Quote
KingsgateDirtJumper wrote:
Rake it, smooth it out, pack it down.... get it running perfect and ride it hard.
When you are done riding, always rake out your wheel marks & foot prints so it looks fresh and you can tell if anybody else uses the place and the frequency in which they ride.
If no new ride marks show up within a reasonable amount of days / weeks, then you are the new builder.
Post up photos of the before & after, it always helps to have evidence / documentation of your efforts.
This is the way to do it legit.

Posted: Oct 31, 2015 at 12:08 Quote
Went down yesterday for an hour riding to see how he place needed fixing up. Today I returned with no bike just my shovel and doc for a couple of hours... I cleared a couple of the trails of leaves and smoothed over the takeoffs and sorted the berms out a bit. I met a couple of young lads (15-16) who asked if I had built all of it so still no sign of any creators just a few local kids that go up and ride but don't dig (yet)
The dirt jumps in the valley look like they have had work on in the last few days but haven't seen anyone working on them.

Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 3:04 Quote
Don't assume just because you have not seen anyone there they are abandoned, I have got trails we only visit a few times a year, doesn't make them abandoned or neglected.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011472
Mobile Version of Website