Shimano saint brakes help please

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Shimano saint brakes help please
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 5:09 Quote
Hi guys.
I just got a norco six one with saints brakes but the wheels have been removed due to courier rules.during the transport levers have been press and now to put the wheels back on it is a pain.calippers put pressure on pads that i can fit the rotor in between them.what should i do?is that normal or something got damaged?i am so desperate to ride that beast and was happy like a bunny untill i came across that issue.
I am a noob in big boys bikes.always riding hardtails on a budget however hardcore way.
Thans for help in advance

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 10:29 Quote
Hehe.thanks so much.the problem is that someone was handling the delivery for me and didnt use spacer.thanks so much for reply.i just removed pads completly and reset the pistons.this forum and youtube is a huge place with knowledge.thx
Ride Fast
Ride Free

Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
Guys and girls.
i have another q?stion.as i live i uk currently as u know things other way round than the most of the world.as the breaks levers.i have saint at front with right hand lever and slx rear with left lever.it is my 1st set of hydraulics breaks so i know little about maintenace of it.
Question is.as both use bh90 hose.can i just remove hose from each levers and just swap it over?and fresh bleed it.is it gonna affect performance of the breaks if levers operate on different model of callipers?
Or is that more complex operation?
Hole my live left lever was resonsible for the front break so is a matter of preference.
Thanks for help

Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 21:50 Quote
Ninjapk23 wrote:
Guys and girls.
i have another q?stion.as i live i uk currently as u know things other way round than the most of the world.as the breaks levers.i have saint at front with right hand lever and slx rear with left lever.it is my 1st set of hydraulics breaks so i know little about maintenace of it.
Question is.as both use bh90 hose.can i just remove hose from each levers and just swap it over?and fresh bleed it.is it gonna affect performance of the breaks if levers operate on different model of callipers?
Or is that more complex operation?
Hole my live left lever was resonsible for the front break so is a matter of preference.
Thanks for help

Swapping the brake hoses around is fairly simple. However you will need new fittings as they are designed to be crushed into place to form a tight seal. The new olives should only cost a few pounds, but you can probably get away with reusing the old ones. There are some good youtube vids on the procedure. After a bleed they should be good as new.

As for the mismatched levers/calipers it shouldn't be a big deal. I think the internals of both levers are fairly similar, but I'm not 100% sure.

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 0:45 Quote
Smile )))nice1.thank you so much for yor help.that will make my rides and live so much more easier and more saferSmile )isnt good to think for a second or two with lever to press before each breaking cos sometimes fracture of second is a matter of life.thanks again and have a nice day.
Kind regards

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018286
Mobile Version of Website