Short stack height

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Short stack height
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 16:53 Quote
Age old problem...

Bought used forks (revelations) knowing they would be short. They were actually even shorter than advertised.

I know I need a shorter stem and headset. The problem is I can't buy or find the products I want anywhere, even on eBay.

I have a straight 1 1/8th, external headset, and I need to find about 20mm (More is better) I currently have a hussefelt stem at around 40mm. Headset is the pig at just under 30mm. I want to buy the old single bolt spank spike or equivalent, but can't. No where sells The short stack stems of a few years ago (those in threads that a search brings up).The funn funduro is 30mm, and that is the best current stem I can get apart from a syntace flatforce which is a little pricey.

The sticking point is the headset. Crank bros did low stack externals, even though they got bad reviews. My mate used one for the same reason. Same story, I can't find them to buy.

Does anyone know of any low stack solutions that would help me shave a few mm? Or does anyone know where I can buy an old style spike and or crank bros headset?

Cheers

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 4:06 Quote
Cane creek 40 zero stack is 8mm upper stack 4mm lower stack, so worth looking at.

As for stems DMR 's stems have a a fairly low stack, between those two I think you will have your 20mm.

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 4:22 Quote
I know dmr do the defy, which is 31 I think? No better than funn and more than syntace. I didn't think zero stack was an option? Frame is an old old old orange crush.

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 4:36 Quote
hegemonicdale wrote:
I know dmr do the defy, which is 31 I think? No better than funn and more than syntace. I didn't think zero stack was an option? Frame is an old old old orange crush.
\

They say zero stack but as it's 1 1/8th it's not true zero stack, just a low stack.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cane-creek-40-series-zerostack-1-18-inch-headset/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360448850&kpid=5360448850&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Components&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7csf7CminRD_dc%7cpcrid%7c67090789262%7cpkw%7c%7cpmt%7c%7cprd%7c5360448850uk

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 4:45 Quote
44mm diameter, which can take zero stack. I need 34, which is traditional external cup. thanks though.

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 8:24 Quote
Funn enduro stem for low stack height! It's what I have and rate highly for the price.

Nice pieces of kit.

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 10:18 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Funn enduro stem for low stack height! It's what I have and rate highly for the price.

Nice pieces of kit.

I found the fsa hammer with less than 25mm, so I will see what it looks like when fitted. Funn is my first choice, but depends on if it gives me enough at 30mm. If not I will shell out on the syntace as it is 27mm and only needs 22mm insertion.

Do you know what minimum insertion is on the Funn? I can't get good info. Thanks.

FL
Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 15:35 Quote
I had the same problem, i opted for a kore stem, forget the name now but i have pics in my dj bike album.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009145
Mobile Version of Website