Pikes over lyriks

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Pikes over lyriks
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 13:30 Quote
Hi . Anyone know why Rockshox pikes are more popular than Rockshox lyriks? Apart from being a bit lighter i can't see any other advantage. I got a set of rc2l 160 on my hardtail and love em. Thanks for your time

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 at 7:44 Quote
mb49 wrote:
Hi . Anyone know why Rockshox pikes are more popular than Rockshox lyriks? Apart from being a bit lighter i can't see any other advantage. I got a set of rc2l 160 on my hardtail and love em. Thanks for your time

The Pike was updated in 2013 with the Charger damper. The Lyrik didn't get the Charger until 2016. So the Pike has had a better damper for the last three years. That's the biggest factor. The Pike is also a 35mm fork, which made it darn near as rigid as the last generation lyrik. Even the new Lyrik is still 35mm, which is an astounding misstep if you ask me...there is very little to set it apart from the Pike. Until 2016 you couldn't buy a 27.5 or 29 Lyrik, so buyers looking for those sizes had to go with a Pike or a vastly more expensive 36, or look at less mainstream brands which were either very expensive or unproven. Those facts, combined with the Fox CTD flop in 2013, are why pretty much everyone has a Pike right now.

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 at 11:12 Quote
TheRaven wrote:
mb49 wrote:

The Pike was updated in 2013 with the Charger damper. The Lyrik didn't get the Charger until 2016. So the Pike has had a better damper for the last three years. That's the biggest factor. The Pike is also a 35mm fork, which made it darn near as rigid as the last generation lyrik. Even the new Lyrik is still 35mm, which is an astounding misstep if you ask me...there is very little to set it apart from the Pike. Until 2016 you couldn't buy a 27.5 or 29 Lyrik, so buyers looking for those sizes had to go with a Pike or a vastly more expensive 36, or look at less mainstream brands which were either very expensive or unproven. Those facts, combined with the Fox CTD flop in 2013, are why pretty much everyone has a Pike right now.
Ah , i see, thanks for clearing that up for me. Seems some people at Rockshox didn't think it through properly.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011211
Mobile Version of Website