Banshee Morphine vs. Evil Imperial... Which is better??

PB Forum :: Other
Banshee Morphine vs. Evil Imperial... Which is better??
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
I'm looking for a new bike and my friends said i should just get a better hardtail instead of a fully. I'm about 250lbs and 5'10". I was reading the product description for the morphine and it said it was a really strong frame. I was looking to get into some light FR (like 5 foot drops), some DJ, and Urban ridding. I was just wonderin is this a great bike for that stuff??Also, is this bike reasonably priced because i could only find the frame price of $700

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 18:10 Quote
well besides the fact there indestrucle and can be run with a fox 40 withj no worries i doupt you chould brake one.. i always wanted one

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
are they exspensive?

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
you can get a used morphine fram efor 400 bucks!

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 18:15 Quote
wuts a new one with componets run?

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
thats actually pretty good considering that i was looking at fullys and all the ones i liked were 3000 to 4500

where could i get one for that price

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
I have a small Morphine. It's retarded sick... with the horizontal drop outs you can slam the wheel as close as possible to the frame to shorten the wheelbase. It's better for riding street and dirt jumps. You can also stretch it out a little bit for trails and freeriding. you can run DC forks or single crown. It can handle up to 200mm of travel or 8" depending on what borders you live in. It can handle 24" or 26" rear wheels.

I am 230lbs and 5'10"... I love this bike so much taht I will never look at a different hard tail frame.

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
fugger wrote:
I have a small Morphine. It's retarded sick... with the horizontal drop outs you can slam the wheel as close as possible to the frame to shorten the wheelbase. It's better for riding street and dirt jumps. You can also stretch it out a little bit for trails and freeriding. you can run DC forks or single crown. It can handle up to 200mm of travel or 8" depending on what borders you live in. It can handle 24" or 26" rear wheels.

I am 230lbs and 5'10"... I love this bike so much taht I will never look at a different hard tail frame.
where did u get it and how much?

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
I pieced it together using my favorite google page and the buy/sell here on pinkbike.

I paid $350 for the frame on this site. The only thing you miss out on with a used Morphine is the warranty, but who cares... this frame is tuffer than mom's meatloaf and you won't need the warranty. I talked to Mike at Banshee and he said that they have never warrantied a Morphine frame. He said that there was only one claim, but the guy cased the downtube on a spine and that would not be covered by anything but blood...

check this site out.. http://google.com/products
type in what you want to buy, sort by price... and there you have the best deal that online stores have to offer.

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:11 Quote
thanks but i can only find a price for the frame instead of the whole bike

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
You can also look at the Scirocco. Great frame not as beefy as the Morph but you can still run a DC fork on it or a nice SC fork. I ended up getting the Scirocco over the Morph because I can still FR and trail ride with it.

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
is that the brand name or bike name and how much was it?

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
i bought an 06 chaperral for 1400 no tax frame only. if you shop around you should be able to find a good deal. i got mine at my local shop who ordered it in for me. banshee makes great bikes that are super strong. if i buy a hardtail thats the one i would get

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
thats wut i plan on doing if i can get one that has all the componets

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010488
Mobile Version of Website