Edmonton: Land of the fat bike

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Edmonton: Land of the fat bike
Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 13:24 Quote
that must have been after i hit it around 7pm last night it was fine and i didnt see anyone around save for a few guys riding spanish switchblade they were checking out the bottom maybe they tried it after and had a bad time. they were all sporting beards like a mini zz top band it was funneh.

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 14:39 Quote
Which stores in Edmonton are good to take a look at some shorts and shoes for riding? Currently I'm using an old pair of Penguin sneakers with a flat bottom but they are not very well supported or grippy.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 8:35 Quote
@Zednix

In my experience

MEC
Mud Sweat and Gears
Revolution Cycle
United Cycle

All tend to have a little bit more in the way of inventory for soft goods (shorts/shoes).

All local bike shops will have something in stock so it just depends on how specific an item you are looking for is.
Most shops are good about ordering things in as well (should take less than 5 days).

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 11:29 Quote
mtnbikermitch wrote:
@Zednix

In my experience

MEC
Mud Sweat and Gears
Revolution Cycle
United Cycle

All tend to have a little bit more in the way of inventory for soft goods (shorts/shoes).

All local bike shops will have something in stock so it just depends on how specific an item you are looking for is.
Most shops are good about ordering things in as well (should take less than 5 days).

yeah he mentioned some of the best but make sure to check out western cycle and redbike as well they have good stuff as well

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 11:34 Quote
mtnbikermitch wrote:
@Zednix

In my experience

MEC
Mud Sweat and Gears
Revolution Cycle
United Cycle

I'm looking to buy some shorts with some asspadding and 2 shirts, one long sleeve and one short. Thanks for the store recommendations

Dom4 wrote:
yeah he mentioned some of the best but make sure to check out western cycle and redbike as well they have good stuff as well
Cool thanks

Mod
Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 10:29 Quote
anyone know where in town would have 5 10's sam hill 3's or the low impacts?

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 13:01 Quote
MEC should have shoes in stock.
http://www.mec.ca/shop/cycling-footwear-five-ten/50002+50026+4294966774/?h=10+50002+50026
Otherwise call around?
Revolution probably does???

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 0:17 Quote
Edmonton BMX homies getting weird:

Views: 3,132    Faves: 32    Comments: 5

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 19:10 Quote
Those are some crazy tricks.

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 19:13 Quote
I'm planning on using this excellent weather to go to the Strathcona Science park this week during the morning and I am wondering where is a good place to park my truck to get near the trail head or a decent spot to get onto the trails?

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 22:00 Quote
http://www.trailforks.com/poi/1546/

Zednix wrote:
I'm planning on using this excellent weather to go to the Strathcona Science park this week during the morning and I am wondering where is a good place to park my truck to get near the trail head or a decent spot to get onto the trails?

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 8:45 Quote
EdmontonMountainBikeAlliance wrote:
http://www.trailforks.com/poi/1546/

Zednix wrote:

Thanks, I didn't know about that site. It looks really handy.

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 10:57 Quote
I went to the Strathcona Science Park on Tuesday and found some random reebar sticking out of the ground on one of the trails closer to the parking lot, I was wondering if the reebar was placed with a good reason or with bad intentions. I happened to find a video of a couple of local guys who ride and record going through the same trail around the same time.

Check out the video at 5:50 and onward, is this sabotage or something else?

Here is the YT link

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 11:03 Quote
video not playing for me but would be interested in seeing it. i have encountered some branches placed chest-high across trails out there. rider numbers are skyrocketing out there and conflicts will inevitably arise...

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 11:42 Quote
FarmeR57 wrote:
video not playing for me but would be interested in seeing it. i have encountered some branches placed chest-high across trails out there. rider numbers are skyrocketing out there and conflicts will inevitably arise...

Fixed it. Here is the link.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016600
Mobile Version of Website