Foam Pit

• Previous Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 16:33 Quote
Where can i buy foam? and how would i keep it from turning into a swimming pool with rain

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 16:36 Quote
maybe when you are not using it put a huge ass tarp of sumthin over it. I want to make a foam pit too. I am going to ask this gym up the street from where i live to see where they buy thier foam from, cuz they have a foam pit. Google da shit!!!

Peace

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 16:47 Quote
Yea, the best idea would be getting a tarp that you can have right beside and when ever your not using it cover it up. Start collecting foam and crap NOW.it takes alot more than you think and if you just want to buy it straight up it will cost over $1000 if not more. You can use old pillows, blankets, go to a local place like goodwill or value village or whever and see if they have foam like old couches, blankets, pillows. Do whatever it takes to gather as much soft crap as possible.

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 16:56 Quote
Like the guy above me said foam is VERY expensive. I mean VERY VERY expensive. Even used foam. But still if you want to keep it from turning into a swimming pool i would put a tarp over it. Its going to be hard to maintain but if you really want it then you'll find away.

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 17:13 Quote
look in your local buy and sell for free sofa's and stuff and just use the foam from inside them, their are endless amounts of free sofa's on craigslist in my area.

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 17:16 Quote
http://edmonton.craigslist.org/zip/433319706.html

here's a start Smile

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 17:20 Quote
good foam is a buck a piece so its not cheap but if u use alterative method i will bve cheaper and definetly put a tarp over it

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 16:18 Quote
yah, I was thinking of building a foam pit what are the dimensions I should use to build it ?

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 16:21 Quote
note on putting a tarp over it. make sure you ahve something to prop it up the middle, like pitching a tent, so you don't get water pooling ontop of the tarp.
best of luck

Mod
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 11:06 Quote
I actualy started to build a foam pit a few years back (never finished do to lazyness) and managed to get nearly half the foam I needed in one day and for free. I went to a local place the does re-uhpolstry (sp??) of sofas, chairs, and things like that. He was happy to get the stuff out of his place and after a few trips in my truck I had alot of good foam chunks. Now, this isn't the nice foam blocks that you see in proper foam pits but it would still work and it was free!

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 20:18 Quote
thanks kakah
i am looking to build one too and taht info helped a lot

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 13:24 Quote
Hey just an idea but would building a foam pit around a rectangleular trapoline be a good idea? Just so you wouldnt have to buy/borrow a crapload of foam? Same principal as a shock absorber, spring (tramp) and a foam dampening system

Salute

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 20:36 Quote
At my school we have a huge tech department and people bring tonnes of stuff in and just put it their for free so iam just going to bring a knife and take all the foam i can get from everythingSmile

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
a foam pit can cost any were from 5grand 2 150 grad travis prastranas one has 151,000 cubes of foam tht $1 US 4 each bit

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 19:11 Quote
Theres 41000^ not 151000 Smile 151000 would be a huge foam pit
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZRB3h5FCVrg&feature=related

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012184
Mobile Version of Website