The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 10:25 Quote
The demo fleet will be as of now: Norco Aurum (carbon), Santa Cruz V10.6, Giant Glory, Scott Gambler 710, and another model we can't yet tell the public I think.

The Hi-pro and lo-pro will be brand new bikes, 2015 models, no special colors this year, straight from Giant. And last year's bike will be going on sale at the start of the season! Any more info, you can Pm me. I work at the WB rental shop.

Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 10:52 Quote
Looking to go out for a couple of weeks with my bro mid summer season and just wondering if it's best to buy a season pass for the lifts because I can't find a two week lift pass and doing 3 day passes seems to work out more than the season pass. Cheers

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 0:02 Quote
Any one had any experience on stans flow Ex's in the park?

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 3:51 Quote
Dialled-for-life wrote:
Looking to go out for a couple of weeks with my bro mid summer season and just wondering if it's best to buy a season pass for the lifts because I can't find a two week lift pass and doing 3 day passes seems to work out more than the season pass. Cheers
check for early bird prices in the spring

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 8:23 Quote
gclarida wrote:
Any one had any experience on stans flow Ex's in the park?
Highly recommend them, no problems here, still true as the day I had them built.

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 10:02 Quote
Highly recommend them, no problems here, still true as the day I had them built.[/Quote] do you run them tubeless for dh or with a tube?

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 11:08 Quote
robsmustang wrote:
Highly recommend them, no problems here, still true as the day I had them built.
do you run them tubeless for dh or with a tube?[/Quote]

I run tubes, can't be bothered going tubeless.

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 19:44 Quote
Dialled-for-life wrote:

Was there last Aug for 3 weeks and we got season passes. We jumped on the early bird pricing!!! Highly recommended it!

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 18:34 Quote
Has anyone been riding Pemberton lately? I'm wondering where the snow-line is. Specifically in the Mackenzie area. Cheers!

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 21:16 Quote
TaylorMacdougall wrote:
Has anyone been riding Pemberton lately? I'm wondering where the snow-line is. Specifically in the Mackenzie area. Cheers!

Pretty much all clear as high as overnight sensation. Snow on the fire road though. Trails were really wet the other day.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 21:55 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
TaylorMacdougall wrote:

Pretty much all clear as high as overnight sensation. Snow on the fire road though. Trails were really wet the other day.

Thanks man. So I guess Jack the Ripper is out of the question?

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 23:55 Quote
TaylorMacdougall wrote:
kevin267 wrote:
TaylorMacdougall wrote:

Thanks man. So I guess Jack the Ripper is out of the question?
Definitely lots of snow that high still

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 18:44 Quote
So is xc ski season closed in whistler now??? All good to hit some lost lake trails by bike?

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 21:00 Quote
siparr55 wrote:
So is xc ski season closed in whistler now??? All good to hit some lost lake trails by bike?

Pretty sure it is still frown upon to go ride around because Xc skier are really anal about their snow. but most of the stuff in the forest is clear!!

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 18:45 Quote
Ok! EDIT: What i've said is wrong, the lost lake XC skiing is now closed and all trails are open just like in the summer!!! have fun. Be safe. and remember the season is just starting!! BTW Flank is mostly clear, that give a whole lot more trails to be ridden!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020820
Mobile Version of Website