The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Sep 2, 2016 at 8:10 Quote
does garbo zone stay open during week after mid september ?

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2016 at 8:31 Quote
St1234 wrote:

Yup. Well at least a sign said so last night. Just shorter hours. I forgot the closing time.

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 at 8:36 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
St1234 wrote:

Yup. Well at least a sign said so last night. Just shorter hours. I forgot the closing time.

Sept 6 - Oct 10
Weather Permitting
11am
4pm

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 at 12:28 Quote
thank you so much

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 21:44 Quote
Hey, someone knows how the trails are these days ?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 0:09 Quote
Spreeggans wrote:
Hey, someone knows how the trails are these days ?

Braking bumps everywhere.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 7:54 Quote
Not significantly different from normal.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
Crank it up is pretty rough. Everything else is ok. What's up with crank it up more? So slick. There's a section that seems like wet clay.

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 15:26 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Crank it up is pretty rough. Everything else is ok. What's up with crank it up more? So slick. There's a section that seems like wet clay.

It's discussed in this blog post by the trailbuilding guys:

The new section of trail we are calling "C-More” which rolls off the tongue a little faster than Crank it Up More, bisects a zone which is like a giant dirt Oreo with perfect cookie brown sand / clay sandwiching a creamy filling of soft (read too soft!) grey glacial clay. The hold up for opening the new trail has been the drying process through this band of juicy glop which would have required 80 sheets of plywood to bridge between the good dirt on either side. Once it dries out it will be kiln hardened but it seems to be taking its sweet time. As conditions allow, we will be opening this new offering so keep an eye on the message board this week as we hope it will weather whatever precip we see before the weekend.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 19:13 Quote
That's what I figured it was. I'm a heavy equipment operator and have done a lot of digging on burnaby mountain. Same thing. We would have to shut down in heavy rain. Too dangerous. But once it dries it's like concrete. We have used it to build foundations for buildings.

Posted: Sep 12, 2016 at 18:16 Quote
My buddy and I are doing top of the world Friday and we both have rental bikes and neither of us have a portable pump, is it worth buying one and some tubes just incase?

Posted: Sep 12, 2016 at 18:29 Quote
aturner14 wrote:
My buddy and I are doing top of the world Friday and we both have rental bikes and neither of us have a portable pump, is it worth buying one and some tubes just incase?
Definitely take a spare tube, and I would go for a C02 pump instead.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2016 at 22:04 Quote
aturner14 wrote:

Absolutely bring a pump/co2 and tube, or at least one of you carry each item. It's a long walk down and can be cold in the alpine this time of year (although Friday looks good). Not a hard trail but there are some rough sections for sure.

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 1:48 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
aturner14 wrote:
Definitely take a spare tube, and I would go for a C02 pump instead.

Alright I'll definitely try to find one then. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 6:57 Quote
Definately worth having a tube, it's a long way down if you get a flat.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035518
Mobile Version of Website