Crapalier wrote:
makripper wrote:
I like bicycling

Had first pedal of the year.
I : heart : bike again.
whee!

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 13:11 Quote
BobbyDigital wrote:
Hey guyz i like biking too! second ride of the year and my ankle is pooped bailing off a 360. I can't wait to get back into the Penticton riding scene, and i kinda miss you shane!

break out the ol' wilson one of these days!

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 15:42 Quote
Bricklin69 wrote:
Bout time!

How did the wrist do?

Held up. I could feel it. Going to avoid rock gardens at full throttle until I have confidence in it.

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 8:20 Quote
Hill is closed

Snowboards and skis put away

First Thursday ride of the year and World Cup racing starts today.

It's on!!!

This is one of the best bike vids I've seen in awhile

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 11:19 Quote
Has anyone been up to Rock Oven? I imagine some of the shade still has snow?

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 13:52 Quote
Also wondering what the various trail conditions are like in Penticton. Group of us heading down for the long weekend. We heard Three Blind Mice were 'all' good and ready to go. Can anybody confirm? Any other suggestions for riding this time of year other than TBM and Rock Oven?

Thanks!

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 7:34 Quote
markeed wrote:
Has anyone been up to Rock Oven? I imagine some of the shade still has snow?

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Rock ovens will still have snow. There are some shady north facing punches.
The summit and descent in theory should be clear due to the extreme sum exposure and utter lack of organics to stick to.
We may head up Ward1 today, will report on the highest we go.

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 7:45 Quote
tbgallant wrote:
Also wondering what the various trail conditions are like in Penticton. Group of us heading down for the long weekend. We heard Three Blind Mice were 'all' good and ready to go. Can anybody confirm? Any other suggestions for riding this time of year other than TBM and Rock Oven?

Thanks!

Lower half of mice (possibly 3/4) is prime. Reservoir shuttle is still in snow.

Wiltse; awesome rocks. Need a guide.
Campbell; simple green (skill not colour) loops. Quick, flowy, pedally.
Jerry (Rebellion); rocky, bermy, pedally, jumpy. Need a guide.
Climbing Bluffs area; start of Rock Ovens, Ward1, Fox (or Kraut). Pretty much a rainforest for us (ie the grass is green). Rocks, climbs, speed.

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 9:00 Quote
I was wrong .. Mice is getting pretty close.
Still frost in the ground at the Res, once that lets loose it will be a shit storm of trail destroying muck.

Photo from Rainbow (from Foot):

April 11 2014

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 16:05 Quote
Mice update.
Drove up to Reservoir, got Jeep with winters stuck on road just after Mt.Randolf turn. (stuck = had to use 4lo).
Turned back and went in at Cows End. Couple of patches of snow to go through, but all bone dry lower than that.

Climbing Bluffs area update.
Pedaled up Ward1 to where Rock Oven continues and it is bone dry. Absolutely no moisture anywhere. Still quite warm up there, probably 14C or so. I figure Rock Ovens may be clear the whole way but I am only speculating. What snow you do encounter won't kill you and if it does .... farewell.

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 18:41 Quote
Also, I hike a biked code 4 all the way up to the new taj-ma-wall... Good to go, think I want to try from the very top next weekend

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 21:06 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
Mice update.
Drove up to Reservoir, got Jeep with winters stuck on road just after Mt.Randolf turn. (stuck = had to use 4lo).
Turned back and went in at Cows End. Couple of patches of snow to go through, but all bone dry lower than that.

Climbing Bluffs area update.
Pedaled up Ward1 to where Rock Oven continues and it is bone dry. Absolutely no moisture anywhere. Still quite warm up there, probably 14C or so. I figure Rock Ovens may be clear the whole way but I am only speculating. What snow you do encounter won't kill you and if it does .... farewell.
we got a rainbow up top on thursday but predicted the slushy conditions. Sorry for not reporting. Cows end down is recommended for now.

Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 17:29 Quote
Rock oven is definitely clear.

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 10:47 Quote
Hey Guys I am up in pen for the weekend visiting family
brought up the demo 7
looking for trail that I can hike 30-40minutes, with jumps, drops, ladder etc

any advice?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026033
Mobile Version of Website