Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 17:19 Quote

We got an awesome conversation going. I apologize Andrew for my immaturity and for calling you the horrible "Christopher Columbus", I do look forward to meeting you! I'm glad my pointless banter has been a catalyst to communication.

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 19:26 Quote
BobbyDigital wrote:

We got an awesome conversation going. I apologize Andrew for my immaturity and for calling you the horrible "Christopher Columbus", I do look forward to meeting you! I'm glad my pointless banter has been a catalyst to communication.
you are like a modern day mother Teresa who shredz b.d.

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 20:18 Quote
There is definitely some dirt work to be finished up on code 4 now that we've got some rain!
I'm in for a Sunday meet n' dig if anyone else is. We can hike the whole trail with shovels and give it a good buff before winter.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 21:53 Quote
I think we need to have more DH trails in Penticton. Not less. Bigger stuff to, even if I probably wont ever be able to do them, many will and I enjoy looking at train wrecks. People love Code 4 so I'm sure no one wants a conservation officer to one day decide that the ttfs need to go like what might be happening in Gillard. How are the Gillard riders saving their trail/stunts? By getting together with the club and asking for land acces rights. It would have been easier if done first so now they still might lose the fight? I haven't read any updates lately.

Andrew, like his approach or not, has understood that in order to keep what we have and build even more we need to have a partnership agreement or whatever it's called with the land owners/gov/etc. Can you get everyone to agree? Probably not but that meeting with shovels and beers on Sunday is a step in the right direction.

I've recently had a chat with Andrew and the discussion turned to how good terrain and trails we have in Penticton. I did not have a feeling that he wanted to have less jumps in Code 4 like some seem to thinks. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I got out of it. Andrew can correct me but I also thought that he said the stuff up there that needs love could be improved/fixed/extra sized, not dummed down or turned into a buff smooth flow trail, and that it could be done and have the ok of the suits???

Hope to be able to be there Sunday.

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 10:31 Quote
For sure into a dig\ride on Sunday but.........................

I can smell a new bike.......................

It's calling my name............................

oh f_ck! oh f_ck! oh f_ck!!

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 15:04 Quote
OK, so officially freaking out!!

Is it here yet?!

Is it here yet?!

I need something to take my mind off of bike lust.

<Deleted photo>

Happy Friday!!

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 15:07 Quote
topsog wrote:
OK, so officially freaking out!!

Is it here yet?!

Is it here yet?!

I need something to take my mind off of bike lust.

<Deleted photo>

Happy Friday!!

Nice seat!! Where's the rest of the bike?

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 15:37 Quote
topsog wrote:
For sure into a dig\ride on Sunday but.........................

I can smell a new bike.......................

It's calling my name............................

oh f_ck! oh f_ck! oh f_ck!!
what bike??!

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 18:06 Quote
So is anyone going to show up tomorrow? What time is the group hug?

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 19:06 Quote
Well no matter what makripper and I are doing work in the morning and riding afternoon...

Lets say 10 at the cattleguard and see who shows up! I'm not sure about bringing bikes for the morning hike, cause I just don't know what we'd do with them while we are hiking, any suggestions I'm all ears!

Oh and buckets! Bring 'em if ya got 'em

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 20:39 Quote
theprocrastinator wrote:
Well no matter what makripper and I are doing work in the morning and riding afternoon...

Lets say 10 at the cattleguard and see who shows up! I'm not sure about bringing bikes for the morning hike, cause I just don't know what we'd do with them while we are hiking, any suggestions I'm all ears!

Oh and buckets! Bring 'em if ya got 'em
and beer and tools! Rakes, shovels, axes, etc hahahah

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 21:35 Quote
and water and snacks and smiles! and shoes and shirts, pants optional

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 10:05 Quote
Hey bricklin I think I saw you drive past me at the cattleguard Hahaha, we'll see if we can catch up!

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 16:11 Quote
Bricklin69 wrote:
So is anyone going to show up tomorrow? What time is the group hug?
Thanks for the help dude!! With the rain coming this week and the work we got done today, code 4 is gonna be running sweet!!

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 16:41 Quote
It was a good day. Thanks for keeping that trail alive! I looks awesome. I hope it rains overnight so that I can rifde it tomorrow.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017183
Mobile Version of Website