broken bones suck!

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
well...

photo

this xray was taken 3 weeks after my second crash (July 20), (first was Apr 27) I rode on the 13th the day before this xray and have been riding a couple times a week at the local Bike Park, in fact went today and had a goood rip! Btw I am 40 this is just another 'handicap'. Healing vibes to all of you!

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
I broke my ankle 2 summers ago. I had surgery to get 6 screws and a plate.
photo

photo

You're going to be very bored until it heals. I know I was.

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 22:21 Quote
props to all kids that have sustained a broken bone. i have never broken one bone, not even a sprain or a fracture, although one time i slammed my arm and there was a huge bump below my elbow that was ridiculously tender, and it stayed for like 3 months! i still don't know what it was Confused

i cant imagine how terrible it would be to actually snap a bone. not being able to ride for any more than a week is just terrible.Whip i'd go crazy
PS everyone add me as a friend!

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
i have broken

my right wrist
my collar bone
done sumthing to my elbow chip i bone or somethin
that was one fall
fractured my finger snowboardin on a dry slope
dislocated the same finger playin rugby
sprained my ankle god nows how many times
and now i have fluid on my knee

bloody bikes

lol

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
nothing major for me really like collar bones and stuff!
left wrist 3 times
little finger right hand
left ankle
left arm in 4 places.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
I don't know if this counts as something, but I have sevre tissue damage in my neck and back from a biking accident.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
Is there a story? Eek

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
Is there a story? Eek
a f*cking good on to

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 23:01 Quote
well to keep busy you could workout(your upper body),read, girlfriend? lol

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
i would be working out but collarbone broken... haha... still cant ride after a month... and going for another xray on the 9th.... then ill have to have another surgery to get the plate and screws out... lol... wont be biking till next summer... and oh, ive broke my left wrist too... and i might get pics of my scar on here:P

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
the only broken bone was a fractured pinky toe. Smile
needless to say it didnt stop me from riding.
A broken toe isnt really a huge injury. Rolleyes

*knock on wood*

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
In my entire life (30 odd years), I have broken only 1 bone, and it was just really a slight fracture in a joint in my pinky finger. Full cast for about 4 weeks.

The next closest to a broken bone, was a sawed into bone using a circular saw, but that wasn't related to biking, actually neither was the knuckle. ha.

Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 6:42 Quote
rydindirty wrote:
well...

photo

this xray was taken 3 weeks after my second crash (July 20), (first was Apr 27) I rode on the 13th the day before this xray and have been riding a couple times a week at the local Bike Park, in fact went today and had a goood rip! Btw I am 40 this is just another 'handicap'. Healing vibes to all of you!
photo
same thing :/

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 at 18:13 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
the only broken bone was a fractured pinky toe. Smile
needless to say it didnt stop me from riding.
A broken toe isnt really a huge injury. Rolleyes

*knock on wood*

the big toe can be quite bad

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 at 7:10 Quote
This was from an otb Sept 2010! Fractured Calcaneus (heel bone) and fractured fibula. Loads of metal work, MRSA and six months on crutches. A full year off the bike followed, so I know how much it sucks!!

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026077
Mobile Version of Website