Powered by Outside

Marzocchi 66! How do i remove the front wheel?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi 66! How do i remove the front wheel?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 8:02 Quote
Alright Guys,

Just trying to take off my front wheel, have undone the 4 bolts and the two large axle bolt things on the side of the fork. The 20mm axle is still in the wheel and im unsure how to get it out so i can remove the wheel.

Can anyone tell me how?

Thanks Pimp

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 8:04 Quote
You have to unscrew the 20MM and a part, looking like a bolt will come out. Then pull the other side straight out. Then the wheel will fall out, but be careful of disks etc

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 8:06 Quote
spliffonator wrote:
You have to unscrew the 20MM and a part, looking like a bolt will come out. Then pull the other side straight out. Then the wheel will fall out, but be careful of disks etc

So unscrew either side of the 20mm part right? Then pull what?

Smile

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 8:19 Quote
softlad1993 wrote:
spliffonator wrote:

Smile

Ok basically 20MM: its a hollow bar that runs through the hub, and bottom of the forks, and is secured by bolts on the forks, and at the end of the Axle. They are all undone by allen keys. I think its a 6, it might be an 8 for the Axle. You unscrew it as you did the bolts on the forks, but undo it all the way, its like unscrewing a bottlelid off a bottle. It should come off relatively easily, but with quite a bit of unscrewing. This is at one end of the axle, the other is still in the forks/hub, with the allen key in the unscrewing hole wiggle it a bit until you can pull the whole 20MM Axle off. It looks like a empty toilet roll tube.

Hope that helps

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 8:23 Quote
spliffonator wrote:
softlad1993 wrote:
spliffonator wrote:

Smile

Ok basically 20MM: its a hollow bar that runs through the hub, and bottom of the forks, and is secured by bolts on the forks, and at the end of the Axle. They are all undone by allen keys. I think its a 6, it might be an 8 for the Axle. You unscrew it as you did the bolts on the forks, but undo it all the way, its like unscrewing a bottlelid off a bottle. It should come off relatively easily, but with quite a bit of unscrewing. This is at one end of the axle, the other is still in the forks/hub, with the allen key in the unscrewing hole wiggle it a bit until you can pull the whole 20MM Axle off. It looks like a empty toilet roll tube.

Hope that helps

Thanks Alot, Got it out with a bit of fiddling. Easier than i thought actually in the end Big Grin

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 8:25 Quote
Good good, hope i helped. When putting it back in, put the axle in, tighten it relatively tight, but not all the way. Then do the bolts on the bottom of the forks, again not very tight, do them all. The go back to the axle, full tighten that, then full tighten the bolts on the bottom of the fork

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 8:34 Quote
Thanks alot mate, first time ive ever had to take the wheel off whilst having these forks and this kinda axle lol

Nice one tup

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 6:27 Quote
my axle has seized well it wont come out. i have undone all the pinch bolts and side axle bolts. i should have replaced the grease. how do i get it out now?

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 6:57 Quote
meaden wrote:
my axle has seized well it wont come out. i have undone all the pinch bolts and side axle bolts. i should have replaced the grease. how do i get it out now?
take a little grinder and put a little slash. then use a screw driver to unscrew it... if you got a really big easy out and put it in the hollow allen part and that may work... and if none of that works get a welder and tack weld a little bolt or allen key on it

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 7:01 Quote
meaden wrote:

you should just be able to push it out, stick something in there like a socket or something the size of the axle and just try to hammer it out dont wait on it though just tap it and slowly hit it harder you dont want to wreck your fork

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 7:08 Quote
DowNhillFrEeRide854 wrote:
meaden wrote:
take a little grinder and put a little slash. then use a screw driver to unscrew it... if you got a really big easy out and put it in the hollow allen part and that may work... and if none of that works get a welder and tack weld a little bolt or allen key on it

blimey thats a bit extreme ^

try just putting wd4O on the axel then leave it for a while, after leaving for 20 mins just try tapping it ou with long screwdriver through the axel and a hammer

this way u will be able to keep ur axel Smile

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 7:28 Quote
brenpirate wrote:
DowNhillFrEeRide854 wrote:
meaden wrote:

blimey thats a bit extreme ^

try just putting wd4O on the axel then leave it for a while, after leaving for 20 mins just try tapping it ou with long screwdriver through the axel and a hammer

this way u will be able to keep ur axel Smile
i got confused about your problem sorry

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013171
Mobile Version of Website