Giant Reign X Frame - Help me out!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Giant Reign X Frame - Help me out!
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
Yeah I'm probably going to switch out all the parts on my current bike onto it. It will be a direct mount stem and some wide risers (not too much rise though).

Specs list I plan on using:
-Juicy 5's
-Domain 318 IS
-Deemaxes

-Nevegals? (any other tyre suggestions appreciated)

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
b1k1ngsfun wrote:
two of mt friends dj with it and theyre good
Thanks bro! It looks/sounds like a pretty good DJ bike for a fully at least.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
LOL deemaxes.
.::kicks shins::.
Get something useful like 823's on Hope pro II or hedley.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
have you thought about just a regin frame?

it has 6inchs of travel, and a air shock, which is great as you can have it squishy for freeride, and then play with the settings and lock out and harden it up, and it feels like a hardtail.

admitly a few weeks back i was thinking of getting a new frame, but now my regin is sweet. light as hell! and so easy to throw around.

worth a look maybe!

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
joelong wrote:
have you thought about just a regin frame?

it has 6inchs of travel, and a air shock, which is great as you can have it squishy for freeride, and then play with the settings and lock out and harden it up, and it feels like a hardtail.

admitly a few weeks back i was thinking of getting a new frame, but now my regin is sweet. light as hell! and so easy to throw around.

worth a look maybe!
you look baked...

I already have the deemaxes. They are the older 2003 or 2004 (can't remember) deemaxes. They are 28 spokes, quite light (around 2300g for the pair) and super strong. UST as well Big Grin

merkel wrote:
Yeah I'm probably going to switch out all the parts on my current bike onto it. It will be a direct mount stem and some wide risers (not too much rise though).

-Juicy 5's
-Domain 318 IS
-Deemaxes

Dont get a Domain, Get a lyric or a 36! Also look into some Deetraks!! They have a brand new freehub body for '09 and plus theyre lighter and inexpensive!

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
louis2468routier wrote:
merkel wrote:

-Juicy 5's
-Domain 318 IS
-Deemaxes

Dont get a Domain, Get a lyric or a 36! Also look into some Deetraks!! They have a brand new freehub body for '09 and plus theyre lighter and inexpensive!
agree the domains blow

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
I love my domains. They aren't exactly the highest class forks you can get but they're really nice for the price (I picked them up for 500 new). Anyway these specs are the things I already have, not things I want to buy. So don't tell me not to get them - I already have them so the specs are not going to change.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
yeah defo dont cheap out on a fork. the lyrik is amazing. ive rode it for a season as did my friend, neither of us have any complaints.

minin dh f 3c. the nevegal istn that great.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
Views: 2,311    Faves: 16    Comments: 15

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:27 Quote
Jesus Christ that was amazing! What a hop that guy has! All of this is convincing me more and more to buy a Reign X frame.

Mod
The Reign X is the only model Reign that is available as a frameset. Therefore, you will be getting a DHX Air 4.0 as standard equipment. There is nothing wrong with this shock and therefore, there is no need to even be looking for a new rear shock. It is included in the $1700USD price of the Reign X frame. Here is the Reign's geometry.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_us/bikes/models/geometry//2009/9Reign.jpg
Mitch's Reign X0 was pretty much modified and there weren't too many stock components on it. The frame with rear shock, fork, cranks, and rear derailleur were pretty much all he kept from the stock build. Nevertheless, the stock build is pretty sick but since the OP isn't looking at a complete Reign X0, I won't go into any details.

Here is the lower section of our pedally DH course in Calgary on the Reign X0.

Views: 10,304    Faves: 100    Comments: 35

photo

just got my reign x1 a month or 2 ago
everything is stock except I put an lg1 and sunline low rise 28 inch bars
it is a dh fr trail riding and dirt jumping machine
i was VERY surprised with its dj ability, yesterday i went to the whoops and it blew me away
GET ONE

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
I love how EVERY thing posted is MitchT's.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014505
Mobile Version of Website