Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 20:49 Quote
[Quote="shoby1998"]
erikwyattatmedotcom wrote:
shoby1998 wrote:
My friend is fairly new to mountain biking and she rides fromme, mostly floppy and bobsled and she's wondering what other trails she should try? I recommended the new espresso but is there anything else

Take a friend NEVER ride alone. Leopard, crinkum crinkum is a medium step up. Then do seventh and tie all those together.

A visiting rider from Colorado died on pipeline 2 years ago while riding by himself. (Crashed off one of the wood structures broke his neck) He was found by a group of joggers (also not locals) which made for a very confusing 911 call. The guys wife and new baby were driving the roads around to all the possible outlet points while fire department, ambulance and SAR were going past her to find him... Can you imagine how that would feel? Ride with a friend!

I definitely agree an live by the always ride with a buddy rule! She has a riding group with other girls she always rides with so she was just wondering what some other trails they could try were.
try wink

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 21:36 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
I pretty much always ride alone. None of my friends are willing to pedal/hike (they all ride full blown downhill rigs) and only do the bike park. I always tell my fiance exactly where I'll be and I don't do anything beyond my skill level so only blue runs. I don't ride skinnies or other obstacles. When I have people to ride with I get a little more adventurous I have wiped out many times by myself but minor falls..
Give me a shout when you want to ride. I ride everything. I'll PM you my name and number.

Hey guys, I usually ride alone as well. I ride pretty much fromme but I have to push my bike as I have just a full downhill right now. But don't mind to push up. Send me a message if some of you are interested. I love espresso and willing to ride whatever is in my skills and push a bit hehe.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 21:45 Quote
dogmads wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
I pretty much always ride alone. None of my friends are willing to pedal/hike (they all ride full blown downhill rigs) and only do the bike park. I always tell my fiance exactly where I'll be and I don't do anything beyond my skill level so only blue runs. I don't ride skinnies or other obstacles. When I have people to ride with I get a little more adventurous I have wiped out many times by myself but minor falls..
Give me a shout when you want to ride. I ride everything. I'll PM you my name and number.

Hey guys, I usually ride alone as well. I ride pretty much fromme but I have to push my bike as I have just a full downhill right now. But don't mind to push up. Send me a message if some of you are interested. I love espresso and willing to ride whatever is in my skills and push a bit hehe.

Maybe we could set up a group ride some time. You guys are probably a lot better than me though. I have 2 bikes, downhill and AM, I would probably take my AM rig to fromme. I don't think I will be riding the shore anytime soon but I am planning on going to whistler. Possibly this sunday. Not sure if you guys would be up for that.

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 21:49 Quote
I'm hoping to have my bike back this week, is in the store for some adjustments. I'm an oh my god on going either Saturday or Sunday. Will be definitely into do some laps if you wanna.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 21:57 Quote
dogmads wrote:
I'm hoping to have my bike back this week, is in the store for some adjustments. I'm an oh my god on going either Saturday or Sunday. Will be definitely into do some laps if you wanna.

Yes definitely. I just bought a scott gambler and have only ridden it once. I really want to take it out at least one more time before the season ends. I'm new to downhill so I might slow you down lol. I'd say I'm an intermediate rider. I can't do saturday but sunday works for me.

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 22:01 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
dogmads wrote:

Yes definitely. I just bought a scott gambler and have only ridden it once. I really want to take it out at least one more time before the season ends. I'm new to downhill so I might slow you down lol. I'd say I'm an intermediate rider. I can't do saturday but sunday works for me.

Ok cool, I'll keep you posted about my bike and my intentions. We can always ride another coming weekend. I have a season pass and spend up there as much as I can haha.

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 22:14 Quote
I'll see what my weekend looks like. I was thinking Whistler Saturday though.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 22:27 Quote
I can do saturday I just need a confirmation by thursday. I usually work saturdays but it's optional. I just need to let my boss know by thuursday if I want to work.

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 20:43 Quote
Hi I moved from England a few months ago, is anyone able to show me around some north shore downhill this Friday (3rd)? I am happy to drive and have a six pack with your name on...

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 20:47 Quote
biketrialsteve wrote:
Hi I moved from England a few months ago, is anyone able to show me around some north shore downhill this Friday (3rd)? I am happy to drive and have a six pack with your name on...
You free on the weekend? I work Monday-Friday.

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 21:16 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
biketrialsteve wrote:
You free on the weekend? I work Monday-Friday.

I could do Sunday?

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 21:45 Quote
If you guys ride sunday I would be down. I have to work saturday

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 10:18 Quote
Hi Guys,

I am in Vancouver for business Thursday, Friday and want to get in a Saturday ride if possible.

Any recommendations on where to rent a bike, and what to ride? Something techy and AM would be nice. I am happy to climb. I will have a rental car...

Thanks,
Erik

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 15:38 Quote
eragotte wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am in Vancouver for business Thursday, Friday and want to get in a Saturday ride if possible.

Any recommendations on where to rent a bike, and what to ride? Something techy and AM would be nice. I am happy to climb. I will have a rental car...

Thanks,
Erik
Endless biking rents bikes, seventh secret would be a good trail to ride.

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 18:57 Quote
macky1821 wrote:
eragotte wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Erik
Endless biking rents bikes, seventh secret would be a good trail to ride.

Awesome, thank you.

Got the rentals booked at Endless!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013300
Mobile Version of Website