Shimano SLX hydro disk brake for dj / street?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Shimano SLX hydro disk brake for dj / street?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
Hey, i'm needing a new brake for dirt jumping and riding street/park. i can get the hole brake for about $230 new at the shop. im wanting one finger braking, and im only 115 pounds.

photo

Brett.

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 13:57 Quote
ridedabrodie wrote:
Hey, i'm needing a new brake for dirt jumping and riding street/park. i can get the hole brake for about $230 new at the shop. im wanting one finger braking, and im only 115 pounds.

Brett.

You can set up a BB7 and upper end avid lever for one finger at that weight no problem. SLX is kinda overkill for a DJ bike. I run BB7 and Im 185, and all my friends describe my brakes as "insta-stop". Its all in setup/installation.

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 14:09 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
ridedabrodie wrote:

Brett.

You can set up a BB7 and upper end avid lever for one finger at that weight no problem. SLX is kinda overkill for a DJ bike. I run BB7 and Im 185, and all my friends describe my brakes as "insta-stop". Its all in setup/installation.

Well I kind of want a hydro, and I test rode a bike that had the brake on it, and i liked it alot. I dont really want another mech brake.

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
I run a Juicy 3 rear brake on my DJ bike and I love it. Just a suggestion.

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
ridedabrodie wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
ridedabrodie wrote:

Brett.

Well I kind of want a hydro, and I test rode a bike that had the brake on it, and i liked it alot. I dont really want another mech brake.

It will do.

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
at the shop, i have to pick beetween a hayes 9, at $250, or a SLX, at $220 LOL.

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
ridedabrodie wrote:
at the shop, i have to pick beetween a hayes 9, at $250, or a SLX, at $220 LOL.

in that case its not very complicated... im sure they can order your another brake though... or get something off pinkbike like an avid juicy or an older shimano brake.

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 14:21 Quote
naah, im thinking im gunna go with the SLX, cuz im buying this brake in not the town i live in, so i cant really order a brake because i dont have enough time.

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 15:02 Quote
its a brake? buy it if you want it

almost all modern hydro brakes will be one finger braking and insta-stop if you and the bike is light

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009106
Mobile Version of Website