Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!
Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 18:48 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:

but some brands powder coat there frame from factory.
No, some brands anodize. Very different process.
when i asked the powder coating company about that subject they said it should not decrease the strength of the frame.

It's also very possible that the companies that do in fact powdercoat, use the heat treating process as the final annealing process as well. Two steps in one easy bake oven.

but I like the suggestion of the plasti dip...stuff seems strong...shit, car guys are doing wheels with it. And if you don't like it...peel it off...can't do that with paint OR any other process. I plan on murdering out my blackout frame, I'm not a fan of gloss black. I think the P-dip might be the best solution. Plus it's just another layer of proctection that weights s f a

cheers guys...enjoy ur Flatlines...I know I do Beer

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 18:57 Quote
FS4M1K3 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
No, some brands anodize. Very different process.
when i asked the powder coating company about that subject they said it should not decrease the strength of the frame.

It's also very possible that the companies that do in fact powdercoat, use the heat treating process as the final annealing process as well. Two steps in one easy bake oven.

but I like the suggestion of the plasti dip...stuff seems strong...shit, car guys are doing wheels with it. And if you don't like it...peel it off...can't do that with paint OR any other process. I plan on murdering out my blackout frame, I'm not a fan of gloss black. I think the P-dip might be the best solution. Plus it's just another layer of proctection that weights s f a

cheers guys...enjoy ur Flatlines...I know I do Beer
where do you get the p-dip ?

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 19:08 Quote
any parts store should have it...I think it comes in spray cans and in quarts...check ur local rona/homedeepthroat hardware stores too

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 19:20 Quote
FS4M1K3 wrote:
any parts store should have it...I think it comes in spray cans and in quarts...check ur local rona/homedeepthroat hardware stores too
ok thank you

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 3:16 Quote
Here's Vanderham's proto...
Thomas Vanderham at the Official Whip off Worlds Crankworx 2014 Whistler British Columbia Canada

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 14:43 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
They'll tell you that because they want your business...I've seen it multiple times. Look into Anodizing. Much safer process and also a very tough coating.
I have a few nics on the frame that wouldnt look the best anodized

This is interesting, as I know Rocky's older bikes (RMX, Switch, etc.) were all factory powder coated. I can't imagine that they'd do that if it reduced the strength of the frame…?

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 17:07 Quote
PIND-IT wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
They'll tell you that because they want your business...I've seen it multiple times. Look into Anodizing. Much safer process and also a very tough coating.

This is interesting, as I know Rocky's older bikes (RMX, Switch, etc.) were all factory powder coated. I can't imagine that they'd do that if it reduced the strength of the frame…?
that is what I thought

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 17:19 Quote
2013 Pro, upgrades include wheels (Hopes laced to Infernos), cranks are Descendant and Deity Zink bars.

Weighs 36lbs 8 ozs.

Anyone tried putting a Vivid Air on one of these?

photo

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 19:07 Quote
PIND-IT wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:

yea i had an 07 switch and it didnt have one chip just clear coat gouges, the 08 flatline i rode a few months and had bare medal spots from rocks bouncing off it.... plus it had the faulty rear linkage which ate into my rear triangle. the 2012 blackout i got now is much nicer.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 19:11 Quote
RockYMountaiN-FlatlinE wrote:
PIND-IT wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:

yea i had an 07 switch and it didnt have one chip just clear coat gouges, the 08 flatline i rode a few months and had bare medal spots from rocks bouncing off it.... plus it had the faulty rear linkage which ate into my rear triangle. the 2012 blackout i got now is much nicer.
I hate the pac man frames your definally a good rocky mountain customer

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 21:30 Quote
yea i had an 07 switch and it didnt have one chip just clear coat gouges, the 08 flatline i rode a few months and had bare medal spots from rocks bouncing off it.... plus it had the faulty rear linkage which ate into my rear triangle. the 2012 blackout i got now is much nicer.[/Quote] I hate the pac man frames your definally a good rocky mountain customer[/Quote]
pacman.? lol what ya mean by that :-P

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 21:47 Quote
I hate the pac man frames your definally a good rocky mountain customer[/Quote]
pacman.? lol what ya mean by that :-P[/Quote]
referring to how it eats the swing arm its a name me and my friend came up i don't remember when.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 22:28 Quote
redcorn wrote:
2013 Pro, upgrades include wheels (Hopes laced to Infernos), cranks are Descendant and Deity Zink bars.

Weighs 36lbs 8 ozs.

photo
holy crud my 2011 WC with ultegra cassette, m820 drivetrain and brakes, revolution 32 wheels, atlas cranks bars and everything and ffox 40 rc2 fit to coil weighs in at 42 lbs, are the 2011 and 2013 frames different in terms of weight? And are you running tubeless? My Giant heavy duty dh tubes are around a full pound each. I'll try and post a pic of my bike soon, but I just wanna know some other ways of cutting down weight

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 6:33 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
I hate the pac man frames your definally a good rocky mountain customer
pacman.? lol what ya mean by that :-P[/Quote]
referring to how it eats the swing arm its a name me and my friend came up i don't remember when.[/Quote]

I own a 2008 and have never had a problem. I think they caught it rather early and it was a simple machining fix?

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 8:26 Quote
wite-trash-azn wrote:
redcorn wrote:

Weighs 36lbs 8 ozs.

photo
holy crud my 2011 WC with ultegra cassette, m820 drivetrain and brakes, revolution 32 wheels, atlas cranks bars and everything and ffox 40 rc2 fit to coil weighs in at 42 lbs, are the 2011 and 2013 frames different in terms of weight? And are you running tubeless? My Giant heavy duty dh tubes are around a full pound each. I'll try and post a pic of my bike soon, but I just wanna know some other ways of cutting down weight
Your wheels are heavy as hell

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.131141
Mobile Version of Website