YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 3:12 Quote
Heaney wrote:
mate1998 wrote:
Heaney wrote:
Does anyone know if yt will bring the noton to Australia
noton is discontinued i think
it says kelly mcgarry's FR bike is a noton
maybe they reserved few frames for their riders... I dunno.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 3:14 Quote
mate1998 wrote:
Heaney wrote:
mate1998 wrote:
noton is discontinued i think
it says kelly mcgarry's FR bike is a noton
maybe they reserved few frames for their riders... I dunno.
im going to give them a call on monday

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 4:46 Quote
trasselkalle wrote:
I would have gone for the 2015 comp, mostly for the little things like the guide brakes. It's a tight call though. Beware of the somewhat soft springs on the Marz, if you go for the 26'er. Are you going for an L?

Yes its really tight!
The 26'er pro is clearly more specd up and im keen on that at the moment. But I was wondering if the differerence in chassis geometry and bigger wheel on the 2015 comp is worth the difference or not?

What im thinking is: if i get the 2015 comp i can always upgrade it in the future as i like or need to. Where if i get the 2014 pro i could always sell it at a better price later this year and eventually get the new pro. hard choise!
I never ridden 27.5" before so i havent got the clue how they feel..

I woud be going for size small anyway as i am a 5.6".

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 5:09 Quote
So, maybe just ask them whether you can get the 2015 Pro by paying for the difference in price?

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 5:24 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
So, maybe just ask them whether you can get the 2015 Pro by paying for the difference in price?

They havent released the 2015 Pro unfortunately...I was expecting that to come out yesterday but it didnt.
I can't wait any longer now and wait for it to come out.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 6:14 Quote
Any idea on what size bikes I should order? I'm used to riding mediums as I am 5'11" amd 165 lbs. But I have read yt kinda runs small. I'm just trying to find out cause I can't test and want to order today.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 6:15 Quote
G10-610 wrote:
trasselkalle wrote:
I would have gone for the 2015 comp, mostly for the little things like the guide brakes. It's a tight call though. Beware of the somewhat soft springs on the Marz, if you go for the 26'er. Are you going for an L?

Yes its really tight!
The 26'er pro is clearly more specd up and im keen on that at the moment. But I was wondering if the differerence in chassis geometry and bigger wheel on the 2015 comp is worth the difference or not?

What im thinking is: if i get the 2015 comp i can always upgrade it in the future as i like or need to. Where if i get the 2014 pro i could always sell it at a better price later this year and eventually get the new pro. hard choise!

Well, if you are desperate for a carbon frame later, you're in a tricky spot. On the one hand, the '14 Pro is a bit more pimped out, but the '15 is more likely to be viewed by a buyer as a more future-proof buy. I'm not super-keen on a brand new carbon frame, so even if I would want one, I'd wait a year or two before getting one so all the kinks are worked out.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 7:12 Quote
Mike-Gambino wrote:
Any idea on what size bikes I should order? I'm used to riding mediums as I am 5'11" amd 165 lbs. But I have read yt kinda runs small. I'm just trying to find out cause I can't test and want to order today.
I would recommend M size because I tryed both, M and L and decided to go for medium.Actually I am also 5'11 and we are right between M and L sizes but much closer to a medium.Honestly the L felt too long.
Yeah they could be a little bigger but you can get along .I did not regret that I bought the M size but you gonna have to change the shock spring to a harder one if you wanna buy the Pro model.The one mounted it's way too soft.
I was talking about the 2014models.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 7:22 Quote
trasselkalle wrote:
G10-610 wrote:
trasselkalle wrote:

Yes its really tight!

Well, if you are desperate for a carbon frame later, you're in a tricky spot. On the one hand, the '14 Pro is a bit more pimped out, but the '15 is more likely to be viewed by a buyer as a more future-proof buy. I'm not super-keen on a brand new carbon frame, so even if I would want one, I'd wait a year or two before getting one so all the kinks are worked out.

Im not that keen on the carbon pro but i was hoping for an ally pro with the revised geometry.
I have also just found out that the Marzocchi forks can mount 27.5" and if you look at the geometry of the 2015 comp, the chainstay is fixed at 435mm which can also be achieved on the 2014 bike by setting the adjuster in the longer position. So it looks like you can easily fit the 650b on the 2014 bike..what do you think? am i talking bollocks? lol thanks for the advice anyway

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 8:42 Quote
G10-610 wrote:
Im not that keen on the carbon pro but i was hoping for an ally pro with the revised geometry.
I have also just found out that the Marzocchi forks can mount 27.5" and if you look at the geometry of the 2015 comp, the chainstay is fixed at 435mm which can also be achieved on the 2014 bike by setting the adjuster in the longer position. So it looks like you can easily fit the 650b on the 2014 bike..what do you think? am i talking bollocks? lol thanks for the advice anyway

They did more with the geo than just slap on the 650b wheels, and I must give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they wouldn't have gone through costly geo changes if it wouldn't have been needed. The bottom bracket likely needed lowering, as that's pretty much the norm for 650b bikes vs their 26" predecessors.

I'm guessing only, but I don't see why they would release a non-carbon pro later. The geo must be the same as the comp model, so why wait if all that's different is the components? That could be launched now, rather than wait. Nah, I think it's a pretty educated guess that the Pro is going to be carbon only.

What is it you were hoping for on a Pro over the Comp? Isn't just selling and substituting whatever you want instead likely close to the price difference to a ~$4k Pro? That's been their rough estimate for the price of the carbon bike.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 8:50 Quote
alparabraham wrote:
Mike-Gambino wrote:
I would recommend M size because I tryed both, M and L and decided to go for medium.Actually I am also 5'11 and we are right between M and L sizes but much closer to a medium.Honestly the L felt too long.
Yeah they could be a little bigger but you can get along .I did not regret that I bought the M size but you gonna have to change the shock spring to a harder one if you wanna buy the Pro model.The one mounted it's way too soft.
I was talking about the 2014models.
Compare the geo with what you are used to and decide based on that? When I was considering a Tues, I was considering the L for both the geo and the stiffer spring, and I'm exactly your size/weight. Trust what you normally like, not what others have opted for.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 9:14 Quote
Mike-Gambino wrote:
What bike are you thinking of buying ?
6'1" on a L Capra is perfect ,reverb all the way in ,2" shorter you'd need a 125 dropper ?

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 9:23 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
Mike-Gambino wrote:
6'1" on a L Capra is perfect ,reverb all the way in ,2" shorter you'd need a 125 dropper ?

I am planning on buying the Capra al 1 and the Tues comp

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 9:41 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
Mike-Gambino wrote:
What is your inseam? I'm doubting between M an L as well but I got relatively long legs. I'm 182cm that is 5ft,11.5inch.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
I'm thinking going for a medium YT and I'm 5"7.
Despite the size guide saying I should go for a small. I'm still not sure though.

I'm used to a nukeproof scalp in size medium which has a reach of 390.6. The tues in size medium has a reach of 420.
The medium scalp has a wheelbase of 1196.3
The medium YT has a wheelbase of 1206.4

Do people agree id be best with a medium?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012451
Mobile Version of Website