|Seller:||Duffersss | Login to contact seller | seller History | Add to My Watch List|
|Location:||Plymouth , United Kingdom|
|Date:||Aug-20-2018 2:14:28 Views: 895 Watch Lists: 3|
|Category:||All Mountain/Enduro Bikes|
|Wheel Size:||27.5" / 650B|
|Restrictions:||Reasonable offers only, No Trades, Local pickup only|
For Sale is my 2014 Whyte 905 with additional upgraded components. I had purchased this bike directly from Rockin Bikes myself brand new, and has been serviced regularly over my period of ownership. We are a family of cyclists, and the bike has been washed at least after every-other ride with Muc-Off products and lubricated with quality oils and grease. I am selling this bike as I am moving back to Full Suspension and racing after a period of riding Hardtails for the past 5 years.
A review of the bike at the time of manufacture can be found here:
This bike will be perfect for anyone looking to have a Hardtail for riding in the winter to conserve their more expensive Carbon framed bikes, for anyone looking to get started in mountain biking and want an excellent bike to do so, or for someone who wants to go back-to-basics (as I did) and return to a hardtail to re-learn essential skills.
This bike is a "hardcore" hardtail and is designed to be ridden as such. With a slack head angle and moderate seat angle - this bike is designed to be ridden Downhill as fast as possible - and to climb gently back to the top. This bike is more than capable of handling trails at the Forest of Dean, Gawton, Tavi Woods and any trail on Dartmoor. Infact, in the right hands, you'll keep pace with less experienced riders on Full-Suss bikes.
If I had more room in the garage I'd love to retain the bike, however, with limited room I must sell.
Please bear in mind that this bike is 4 years old, and will have the odd marks here and there from cable rubs or paint chips. However, the fork stanchions are immaculate and free from scratches/dents/chips and are welcome to be inspected. This is due to the heavy duty Mudhugger FR Mudguard, which I highly recommend (not included in sale).
• Frame - 6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Custom Drawn and Multi Butted, Tapered Headtube, Get A Grip seat clamp system, Internal Stealth Reverb routing
• Fork - RockShox Revelation RL, 27.5" Lock-out, Maxle Light 130mm Travel, Fast Black coating, Solo Air, Adjustable Compression and Rebound, Tapered Steerer w/ Low Friction Seals
• Headset - FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1.5" Lower, 1 1.8" Upper Bearings
• Rear Hub - Hope EVO II with StSt Bearings, 10 Speed, 32 Hole.
• Front Hub - Alloy, Double Sealed, Cartridge Bearing Hub 15mm, 32 Hole
• Spokes - DT Champion 2.0mm Black Stainless with Brass Nipples
• Rims - Whyte Trail 21 Offset Disc Rims, 32 Hole
• Tyres - Maxxis Minion, 27.5" X 2.25" 3C Folding Rear, Schwalbe Magic Mary Folding Front
• Shift Levers - Shimano Deore, 10 Speed, I-Spec
• Race Face Narrow Ride 32t Front Chain Ring
• Rear Mech - Shimano SLX, Shadow Plus Clutch, 10 Speed
• Cassette - Shimano HG-81 SLX, 11-36, 10 Speed
• Chain - Shimano HG54, 10 Speed
• Crankset - Race Face Ride, 36-22, 10 Speed, Compact Double
• Bottom Bracket - Race Face
• Seatpost - Brand X Ascend 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 400mm, 125mm Drop
• Saddle - Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design
• Handlebar - Funn Full On 780mm Wide 35mm Diameter
• Stem - Race Face Chester 60mm, 35mm clamp.
• Grips - Lizard Skins Peaty Special Edition
• Front Brakes - Shimano BR-615, 180mm Rotor
• Rear Brakes - Shimano BR-615, 160mm Rotor
• Brake Levers - Shimano BL-615, I-Spec
• PEDALS AND MUDGUARD NOT INCLUDED
• Weight - 11.8Kg
Cool FeaturesSubmit a Story to Pinkbike
RSSPinkbike RSS Feed