Powered by Outside

What are the loudest rear hubs ? need help buying one!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What are the loudest rear hubs ? need help buying one!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 8:26 Quote
anybody help! maybe post some vids of the noise?

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 8:42 Quote
dirked wrote:
anybody help! maybe post some vids of the noise?
why do you want to buy a hub just for the sound?
honestly i dont care about the sound of the hub

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 8:44 Quote
well i want a strong hub but a loud onee at it.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 8:51 Quote
just clean all the grease out of any hub that'll do the trick lol

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 9:15 Quote
but right now im in the middlee off buying new partss, most things are on deleivery such as frame forks stem bars cranks. i jsut have some spare money left to gather wheels and the rest soo im jsut wodneringg what wheels to gett Smile

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 9:53 Quote
WTP supreem, or éclat trek, both loud, but the WTP is lighter and can be switched between LHD and RHD. tup

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 10:27 Quote
i like proper k7 female cassette hubs , they are really loud and are rlly light they weigh 0.812lbs and are fairly cheap Smile

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 10:28 Quote
dury21 wrote:
i like proper k7 female cassette hubs , they are really loud and are rlly light they weigh 0.812lbs and are fairly cheap Smile
368 grams?
Link me Drool
Edit holly crap they are as well, though i wouldn't run one of their male axle'd ones, the wall just seems to thin. Blank Stare

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 10:38 Quote
yeah there light as balls , and i buy my stuff from 3ride.com they have the weights on there , and i dont like the male axels on them either , they weigh it to much but the female hub is much better and the way to go Wink

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 11:06 Quote
I would just tape some baseball cards to the brake stays,make sure the cards are making contact with the spokes or else it will not work.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 11:14 Quote
Use the search next time, there's like 12 threads on loud hubs right now. I'm sure all of the people are like you and only care about the noise, and don't care about quality. But I'll sort of answer you're question. Most of the "nice" hubs these days are probably going to be loud, so pick a hub you like for a reason besides the noise, then go from there. I have a loud hub(Hope Pro 2 Trials) on my bike, and I'll admit I do like the noise and it's nice for people to hear me so I don't run someone over. But you get used to it pretty quickly and stop caring about how it sounds. Just my 2 cents

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 11:38 Quote
PJ302 wrote:
Use the search next time, there's like 12 threads on loud hubs right now. I'm sure all of the people are like you and only care about the noise, and don't care about quality. But I'll sort of answer you're question. Most of the "nice" hubs these days are probably going to be loud, so pick a hub you like for a reason besides the noise, then go from there. I have a loud hub(Hope Pro 2 Trials) on my bike, and I'll admit I do like the noise and it's nice for people to hear me so I don't run someone over. But you get used to it pretty quickly and stop caring about how it sounds. Just my 2 cents

+1

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 14:35 Quote
k-rut wrote:
and then it will last him round 4 months and the pawls will be worn away completely...

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 16:25 Quote
k-rut wrote:

Do we clean it where the cog driver is?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011556
Mobile Version of Website