Powered by Outside

New BMX - Brake or Brakeless

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
New BMX - Brake or Brakeless
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 8:24 Quote
Hi Guys, I am taking up BMX and is a back brake helpful? and what are the pro's and con's of each... cheers tup Big Grin

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 8:24 Quote
sam-sessions wrote:
Hi Guys, I am taking up BMX and is a back brake helpful? and what are the pro's and con's of each... cheers tup Big Grin
the pro is being able to stop. the con is you dont look cool. you decide whats more important

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 8:34 Quote
staystreet wrote:
sam-sessions wrote:
the pro is being able to stop. the con is you dont look cool. you decide whats more important

Typical kid who thinks he's Mr.Safety because he runs his brake like a good boy.

I don't run a brake because I never use it in anything I do. I can drive to all the parks I want to visit so i'm not rippin through traffic.

Use a brake if your commuting through busy area's, it's safer for you and others.

If you don't need to commute in busy area's lose the brake and you will save that tiny amount of weight, your bike will feel cleaner and your riding will get smoother.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 8:42 Quote
kinged wrote:
staystreet wrote:
sam-sessions wrote:

Typical kid who thinks he's Mr.Safety because he runs his brake like a good boy.

I don't run a brake because I never use it in anything I do. I can drive to all the parks I want to visit so i'm not rippin through traffic.

Use a brake if your commuting through busy area's, it's safer for you and others.

If you don't need to commute in busy area's lose the brake and you will save that tiny amount of weight, your bike will feel cleaner and your riding will get smoother.
you sir are an idiot. i dont run brakes and go through traffic everyday. i know exactly how to stop. the point of my first post was to show that a beginner to bmx should use his back brake to stop. it would also add more tricks. beginners shouldnt be brakeless.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:17 Quote
I'm an diot for recommending a beginner to use a brake if he's travelling through traffic?

You're the idiot here telling him that he should go brakeless to be cool.

Think your post through before you post something that f*cking stupid.

It's a personal choice of his I told him what I think the benefits of each are. Your just telling him it's cool to be brakeless?

Personally I think people like you should have front and back brakes permanently welded to their bars and frame so they don't hurt other people.

It's dicks like you that think your the greatest rider ever and rip through down the sidewalk nearly hitting people.

*EDIT* Plus you live in Alberta, tractors are slow and easily avoided. Go to Toronto and weave through traffic.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:18 Quote
If the kid enjoys his shoes and doesn't like replacing tires then he would run brakes until he got comfortable with the bike.

Not all of our mommy's buy our parts and shoes for us like yours do.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:19 Quote
kinged wrote:
I'm an diot for recommending a beginner to use a brake if he's travelling through traffic?

You're the idiot here telling him that he should go brakeless to be cool.

Think your post through before you post something that f*cking stupid.

It's a personal choice of his I told him what I think the benefits of each are. Your just telling him it's cool to be brakeless?

Personally I think people like you should have front and back brakes permanently welded to their bars and frame so they don't hurt other people.

It's dicks like you that think your the greatest rider ever and rip through down the sidewalk nearly hitting people.
people like you are the reason im quitting bmx. leave this site ethug, everyone knows theres no benefits to brakeless, telling him brakeless is cool was sarcasm because most people know looking cool is the last thing you should worry about.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:19 Quote
Is it that time of the month for you 2? The guy's just looking for some advice not some schoolgirl name calling.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:20 Quote
kinged wrote:
If the kid enjoys his shoes and doesn't like replacing tires then he would run brakes until he got comfortable with the bike.

Not all of our mommy's buy our parts and shoes for us like yours do.
wow, who are you saying my mommy buys my shit? i dont even live with my parents.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:21 Quote
I'm telling him to ride with brakes you f*cking tool. Read my post.

Of course there are benefits to riding brakeless, thats why people do it.

And no ezekiel, i'm just trying to understand how this kid say's one thing over the internet and expects me to realize it's sarcasm?

Maybe if you used common sense and gave him proper advice I wouldn't have snapped on you.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:24 Quote
kinged wrote:

And no ezekiel, i'm just trying to understand how this kid say's one thing over the internet and expects me to realize it's sarcasm?

Maybe if you used common sense and gave him proper advice I wouldn't have snapped on you.

Cheers for the advise man tup i ride brakeless on my DJ so i guess brakeless it is Big Grin

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:24 Quote
kinged wrote:

admit it, your just looking for a fight. i gave my sarcastic advice because theres already 6000 threads on brakes/brakeless, use the search. im sick of seeing beginner kids taking there brakes off or leaving them on because of what the internet says. they should just ride their bikes and be happy. and kinged, your attitude and language are offensive. making fun of me because im from alberta? get real and stop picking fights.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:26 Quote
He's already decided, end of thread. I don't pick fights with anyone I made a post giving my opinion and you retaliate with calling me an idiot?

Please quit BMX, take up DH or something, i'm pretty sure that they respect you more for riding with a tampon in.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:28 Quote
kinged wrote:
He's already decided, end of thread. I don't pick fights with anyone I made a post giving my opinion and you retaliate with calling me an idiot?

Please quit BMX, take up DH or something, i'm pretty sure that they respect you more for riding with a tampon in.
I have quit and am moving on. its kids like you with cocky attitudes bringing down other forms of biking like dh who ruin the sport.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 9:28 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
Is it that time of the month for you 2? The guy's just looking for some advice not some schoolgirl name calling.
Why are kids on this sit so stuck up their own asses, its only the internet for Christ sake, no man points are gained for arguing ability here. lol Facepalm

Topic note, its probably best to ride with brakes untill you get the hang of it and learn to contorl your speed through other methods like pumping, then if you feel confident enoguh and dont have to comute through any heavy trafick take it of and give brakless a try and see if you like it, if not you can always put them back on.

Pros of it: looks clean, less to brake when you crash, cheaper, far more fun 2 cents

Cons of it are: are the obvious ability to stop as quickly and most tricks like tiretaps and riding larger dirtjumps are easier for the first time.
tup

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011222
Mobile Version of Website