Powered by Outside

Ride bag!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Ride bag!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 22:30 Quote
When i go ride i bring a back pack it has some tools a few other things and it keeps me going all day.

Do you have one what goes in it and why?

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 22:43 Quote
mine has every single tool that i could need to fix my bike, my video camera and atleast 10 cans of iced tea...

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 23:03 Quote
When I go out riding street or park I'll bring my backpack with me. I usually pack my camera, video camera, tri-pod and some drinks and snacks. I typically don't throw any tools in there. Sometimes I'll throw my toolbox in the back of a buddies truck or whatever, but I definitely won't carry the whole thing around with me obviously, ha ha.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 0:21 Quote
No but I have my back pockets.
My right back pocket has a 4mm and 6mm allen keys, a chain breaker tied to a bandana and a spoke wrench. My back left has my wallet which has a chain on it that's extra links from my chain.
I can fix most minor issues that happen when I'm riding.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 0:25 Quote
chainbreaker, allen keys from 2mm to 8mm, tire levers, a quik stik, tube, patches, pump...

everything i need to COMPLETELY strip the bike down except for the headset and bottom bracket

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 2:48 Quote
4mm+6mm alan keys
19,17 and 15 mm spanners/wrenches
adjustable spanner
£10+

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 6:27 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
chainbreaker, allen keys from 2mm to 8mm, tire levers, a quik stik, tube, patches, pump...

everything i need to COMPLETELY strip the bike down except for the headset and bottom bracket

What kind of pump do you use, and what do you use for the axle nuts?

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 7:33 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:

spoke wrench?

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:24 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

spoke wrench?
Why would you need a spoke wrench for a normal every day ride?

Topic: in my bag i have Wink

Multi tool-(Alen keys)
pump
spare tube
tire levers
Chain tool and spare links.
a few cans of..
photo
& finaly some change, a phone and that's it everything covered. Smile

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 13:28 Quote
robloveshiskona wrote:
sjv13 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

spoke wrench?

Multi tool-(Alen keys)
pump
spare tube
tire levers
a few cans of..
photo

to true a wheel... thats why you would need a spoke wrench.... plus, they are tiny and take up almost no space

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 13:33 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
robloveshiskona wrote:
sjv13 wrote:

spoke wrench?

Multi tool-(Alen keys)
pump
spare tube
tire levers
a few cans of..
photo

to true a wheel... thats why you would need a spoke wrench.... plus, they are tiny and take up almost no space
With out a truing stand? if my wheel was that bad i think i might just pack it in an call an evac. Blank Stare

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 13:52 Quote
you dont NEED a truing stand. You can just hold the spoke wrench close to the wheel and rest it on the frame to keep it steady and watch the shadow of the spoke wrench against your rim as your wheel spins.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 13:53 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
you dont NEED a truing stand. You can just hold the spoke wrench close to the wheel and rest it on the frame to keep it steady and watch the shadow of the spoke wrench against your rim as your wheel spins.
Mehh, maybe for those with crap wheel build's. Blank Stare

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 14:06 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
mine has every single tool that i could need to fix my bike, my video camera and atleast 10 cans of iced tea...

You carry a headset press too for those quick on-trail repairs. lol

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 14:06 Quote
DJPrOdigy wrote:
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:

You carry a headset press too for those quick on-trail repairs. lol
45/45 Campy style headset, no need. And the same with sealed Mid/Spanish BB's, no tools needed. Cool

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014609
Mobile Version of Website