Photo Assignment Group.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photo Assignment Group.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 18:00 Quote
Due to the rise in the number of talented photographers on Pinkbike, I'd like to start a photo-assignment group. The aim of this group is not only to improve peoples skills, but also to showcase photographers that deserve recognition. However, due to the amount of people with cell-phone cameras, that think they are photographers, I would like to limit the people who participate in the group, so that it is not overwhelmed with low quality photos of rocks, food, and random household laundry detergents.

In order to do this, the group will be open to anyone for the first assignment, then it will be closed. After the first two assignments, people will be removed from the group if their photos aren't of the standards that this group demands. This will leave the photographers who put not only effort, but also thought into their pictures, and who aim for the best quality possible. Think of it as tryouts.

If someone would like to enter the group after the first week, they will have to ask me if they can join, and link a place for me to find their pictures, where upon review they will be allowed to enter, or denied. Otherwise it is by invitation only.

Rules:
-I will post an assignment, and participants will have 2 weeks to post their photo. One entry per person. After the two weeks are up, people in the thread will vote on the best picture by quoting it. You will have 24 hours to vote on it.

I will try to keep the assignments from being simple and at a level that insults the participants skill levels, such as "take a photo of a beverage," or, "take a nature photo."

I will end the first assignment on Friday, September 17th. So it will be given one extra day, just to simplify that the due date is every second Friday instead of Thursday.

The first assignment: Make a series of 3 photos (triptych) that tells a story.

Due date once again is Friday, September 17th at 11:59 PM. The next assignment will be posted the very next day, but due to the voting system the actual winner will be posted a little bit after that.

#USERS windowlicker, PBPphotog, dotca, bissellracing11, grahamc, justin99, JakeDavisPhotography, two6ftw, singletrackman, ridinfree0freeridin, jonlakephoto, roger-dodger, sorbet, session416, coaster156, Ox-bikes, dnbmx, singlespeedtoday, crashin, ledzeppie, IanHylands #USERS

#MODS dotca #MODS

Remember to TRY HARD on the first two assignments to make sure you get a spot in the thread after the first two weeks!

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 18:09 Quote
Cool idea, I hope it goes better than that POD group or whatever.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 18:10 Quote
crashin wrote:
Cool idea, I hope it goes better than that POD group or whatever.

That's my goal. So that it isn't a bunch of people with cell phones taking pictures of bottle caps and their farts on fire.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 18:12 Quote
I'll try to giv'r a go.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 18:15 Quote
I'll give this a try, but I don't think the most fave's will work, because then what will happen is the people with the most friends on the account will win. That is what happened in the other thread, and that is not about to change in this thread, so unless there's a judge or something your theory is already flawed for determining the winner. Just my 2 cents Beer

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 18:16 Quote
Blast you're right! First post will be updated with new rules in a minute or two.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 18:25 Quote
RULES UPDATED.

Rules:
-I will post an assignment, and participants will have 2 weeks to post their photo. One entry per person. After the two weeks are up, people in the thread will vote on the best picture by quoting it. You will have 24 hours to vote on it.

Due date once again is Friday, September 17th at 11:59 PM. The next assignment will be posted the very next day, but due to the voting system the actual winner will be posted a little bit after that.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 18:48 Quote
wouldnt it be better to vote for your fave here?

*EDIT* you already changed that lol

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 18:50 Quote
JayTom20 wrote:
wouldnt it be better to vote for your fave here?

Which is what the rules are? Someone posts their entry, if you like it, you quote it within those 24 hours of voting time(and preferably delete any text and make sure its small sized picture).

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 18:53 Quote
yeah i already edited my post

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 19:20 Quote
sooooo for the triptych, i assume we have to photo shop all the pics into one image, instead of just posting a sequence of three PB images.

Reason i asked is i just got windows 7, and lack any sort of photo editing software ATM. Bah, such a pain to change over systems....

Edit: I'm in.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 19:23 Quote
Thumper925 wrote:
sooooo for the triptych, i assume we have to photo shop all the pics into one image, instead of just posting a sequence of three PB images.

Reason i asked is i just got windows 7, and lack any sort of photo editing software ATM. Bah, such a pain to change over systems....

It would be extremely preferable. You could probably just do it in GIMP.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 22:19 Quote
Sweet, hopeully this'll go good.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 22:31 Quote
I shall subscribe now and will join in once I receive my scanner.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008858
Mobile Version of Website