Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Santa Cruz V10 Vs Specialized demo ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Santa Cruz V10 Vs Specialized demo ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 at 1:45 Quote
Which one is better for DH?

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 at 2:06 Quote
Stupidest thread thus far today...
One isn't better than the other. go test them and see what you like better... Rolleyes

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 at 8:16 Quote
If your talking the newest frames from SC and specialized, I'm partial to the V-10 just cause I own a non carbon V-10 but you couldnt go wrong with either bike. This year they both have different looks and have both got great reviews.

I personally would get the carbon v-10 just because of the frames concept and design, but it would be a tuff decision cause the demo's are sweet.

Even if your looking at the older models there still both really good, like mtbdan96 said if you can just ride them, but if you cant read as much reviews and comments on both frames and just pull the trigger on one of them and you wont be dissapointed with either one.

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 9:49 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
Stupidest thread thus far today...
One isn't better than the other. go test them and see what you like better... Rolleyes

if you dont like the thread, ... dont comment. Smile

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 9:58 Quote
I think when you have any of the "versus" type threads you just end up with a lot of people picking the bike they think is the "coolest" without any kind of solid facts.

I would personally never base my choice of what bike to buy on what people said in a Pinkbike thread.

Having said that, both bikes are very good, but I would try a demo ride on both if it is possible.

Just keep in mind that the V10 is a bike that requires a little effort to get the feel for, where as the Demo 8 feels really good from the first ride, so don't judge the V10 on the very first ride. I hated mine for the first few rides and really regreted purchasing it, but once you find out what works and get the feel for it, it is great bike.

Thats just my $0.02

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 10:00 Quote
Ok thanks guys for all your help Smile i have gone with the demo 8 .

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 13:47 Quote
this is like saying; blonde or brunett... who cares they both screw the same!

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:25 Quote
I say the Demo because Sam Hill rides one. Wait.... Steve Peat rides the V10... But Fairclough rides a Demo... Then again Minnaar rides a v10.
I can't decide which one is better.

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:27 Quote
MictheAussie wrote:
I say the Demo because Sam Hill rides one. Wait.... Steve Peat rides the V10... But Fairclough rides a Demo... Then again Minnaar rides a v10.

lol, i agree they are both good Smile

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:32 Quote
MictheAussie wrote:
You shouldn't rate a bike on who rides it. Just because Steve Peat rides a V10, doesn't mean he wouldn't do well on a Session 88, or DHR (Turner). Those guys can ride anything fast, it doesn't matter what company it is. For true reviews of DH bikes look in magazines and such. But I say get the Pivot Phoenix.

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 16:07 Quote
Dude Just go for the demo, do you really need 10 inches over there in the UK?

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 16:21 Quote
the one with the better warranty. i say the demo. sc warranty licks balls. imo

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 19:32 Quote
Santa Cruz has been great when it comes to warranty with me. And I personally have never heard of anybody having problems with them.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 21:01 Quote
mx427 wrote:
Santa Cruz has been great when it comes to warranty with me. And I personally have never heard of anybody having problems with them.

give it time.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007923
Mobile Version of Website