Film Photography Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Film Photography Group
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 18:03 Quote
We're a bunch of 60 year olds who are too confused by digital to accept change.

Talk about film here.

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 18:10 Quote
Yush. Some of my film shots, I like the first two a lot. Sent off my last roll of Kodachrome 200 to Dwayne's yesterday so I'm hoping those turn out nice. I have some Kodak 160NC in my Minolta x700 + 28mm f2.8 right now.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 18:18 Quote
Stoked for this group! I shoot with a Nikon F80, primarily; works pretty well for what I do. I suppose I could post a few shots, I guess...
photo
photo

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 18:19 Quote
Scanner got pushed back to Monday instead of Friday for delivery. Frown

I've got the C330 again for this weekend for the SF Bike Expo. Hopefully will be shooting a couple of rolls of 35 and 120 rolls. I'm gonna splurge on 120 tomorrow and stock up as much as possible. I should have enough for like 8 or so rolls. Who knows if I'll end up shooting that much though

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 18:21 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
Scanner got pushed back to Monday instead of Friday for delivery. Frown

I've got the C330 again for this weekend for the SF Bike Expo. Hopefully will be shooting a couple of rolls of 35 and 120 rolls. I'm gonna splurge on 120 tomorrow and stock up as much as possible. I should have enough for like 8 or so rolls. Who knows if I'll end up shooting that much though

Stocking up ftw. It's always nice to see film in your freezer.

I feel like getting one of those lots of 20 rolls of 36exposure tmax-400 for 100 bucks on ebay lol.

How many people develop/scan their own film?

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 18:28 Quote
I develop and print at school. My school has an extensive darkroom (two actually) with like 30 enlargers in each, around 10 closets for rolling film, a dedicated color processor, two developing areas and a studio. It's pretty dope. They offer all types of film classes: 3 35mm black and white classes, a dedicated medium/large format class, a color class, combined/alternative processes class, studio lighting, and a couple more I'm forgetting.
I usually scan prints off of a shitty flatbed but I'm stoked to have a decent scanner with negative holders coming soon.

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 18:34 Quote
By school I take it you mean university, because a high school with all that shit would be absolutely insane! Even a university with that is pretty damn awesome though

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 18:45 Quote
Alright. About to send the email to the guy to get the F5. Talk me out of it quick if you think I shouldn't get it.

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 18:52 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
By school I take it you mean university, because a high school with all that shit would be absolutely insane! Even a university with that is pretty damn awesome though
Yeah I'm in college ha. My school is big on arts. They spent tons of money on new art building. Everything is like a year or two old and decked out.
I'm transferring out to a university in a year or so though. The school I'm going go has a decent darkroom apparently. Idk if I'm gonna continue photography there though or not. I may hop onto the digital bandwagon before then. I might just get a single developing system and film changing bag and then just scan negs instead of printing.

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 19:55 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
Yeah I'm in college ha. My school is big on arts. They spent tons of money on new art building. Everything is like a year or two old and decked out.
I'm transferring out to a university in a year or so though. The school I'm going go has a decent darkroom apparently. Idk if I'm gonna continue photography there though or not. I may hop onto the digital bandwagon before then. I might just get a single developing system and film changing bag and then just scan negs instead of printing.
haha my high school has 2 dark rooms and a studio and way to maky cameras... my school is well off. (never been in them so i dont know what they have.

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 20:06 Quote
Oooo. Just before I sent the email, someone turned me onto a f90x for 150 bucks. Jesus Christ there are too many options here.

Anyways. My schools photog course sucked so much I didn't even take it. No dark rooms, just a few d60s that were on auto.

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 20:18 Quote
Does anyone here shoot large format? I would like to try it out some day.

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 at 13:41 Quote
Damn the guy I usually get my film from is on vacation so I had to get film at another place.
$45 dollars later I have:
4 rolls of 120 Ilford HP5+ 400
3 rolls of 35mm Ilford HP5+ 400

Should be more than enough for this weekend, hopefully.

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 at 16:16 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
Damn the guy I usually get my film from is on vacation so I had to get film at another place.
$45 dollars later I have:
4 rolls of 120 Ilford HP5+ 400
3 rolls of 35mm Ilford HP5+ 400

Should be more than enough for this weekend, hopefully.

Noice! Camera

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 at 17:34 Quote
I think I might start getting film from ebay. It's only 5-7 bucks for a roll of 36, compared to the 9 retail here.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010298
Mobile Version of Website