Powered by Outside

Why smoke if you ride a bike?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Why smoke if you ride a bike?
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:22 Quote
There have been many threads about smoking but i still don't understand why people would smoke cigarettes, cigars or any drugs if they are interested in riding bikes. Drugs are illegal in mist places so why would you use them they must be bad for you if they are illegal. Cigarettes are the most retarded thing to do there are studies done everyday about the hazardous effects of cigarettes so why would you do it. I can sort of understand it if you are addicted already, but why would you start if you ride bikes? You need lungs and money to ride a bike and cigarettes take that away from you.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:28 Quote
i just don't understand the point of smoking cigarettes

they stink
they kill you
and there's no positive effects unless you're already addicted and crave it
why does anyone start smoking cigs in the first place?

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:29 Quote
bigitspizzec wrote:
There have been many threads about smoking but i still don't understand why people would smoke cigarettes, cigars or any drugs if they are interested in riding bikes. Drugs are illegal in mist places so why would you use them they must be bad for you if they are illegal. Cigarettes are the most retarded thing to do there are studies done everyday about the hazardous effects of cigarettes so why would you do it. I can sort of understand it if you are addicted already, but why would you start if you ride bikes? You need lungs and money to ride a bike and cigarettes take that away from you.
hell yes

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:30 Quote
I whole heartily agree.

On another note, I was out with my son tobogganing over the weekend and what should I encounter, parents smoking while watching (not participating) their children ride down the hill....completing disgusting display of parenting

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:30 Quote
yo bro wats wrong with cigars u didnt say y they r bad lol
but yeah i agree with wat ur saying bro

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:33 Quote
bren21mtb wrote:
yo bro wats wrong with cigars u didnt say y they r bad lol
but yeah i agree with wat ur saying bro
HAHA cigars arent addicting but they cost so much more than cigarettes not to mention they smell horrible and make you look retarded

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:34 Quote
I dont agree at all.....why not get nice and fried........you enjoy riding tenfold.and tend to try nuttier shit (if your good youll land it too LOL)...but yeah to each his own guys.........thats like saying if you drink beer why do you ride HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......everyone drinks beer...... am i wrong (15 year olds have no say in this in my opinion. hahha)

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:37 Quote
mini-logo-888 wrote:
I dont agree at all.....why not get nice and fried........you enjoy riding tenfold.and tend to try nuttier shit (if your good youll land it too LOL)...but yeah to each his own guys.........thats like saying if you drink beer why do you ride HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......everyone drinks beer...... am i wrong (15 year olds have no say in this in my opinion. hahha)
Dude i totally see where you are coming from with the beer thing because no one i have ever heard of rides when they are drunk, but smoking leaves you with its' effects forever

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:41 Quote
bigitspizzec wrote:
they must be bad for you if they are illegal

im not sure with that assessment. im not saying anything about drugs, but weed for one is illegal for political purposes. the cotton industry was actually a big player in the lobbying to make it illegal.

second, cigars are not bad for you. they aren't meant to be inhaled. I for one would not smoke cigarettes, but i have no problem with people that do. its a person choice.

recently where i live they passed the no smoking in bars or any public places. which i think is a major violation of right. it should be up to the bar owner. if the smoke bothers people, they will go to other establishments. thats the way capitalism works.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:43 Quote
i personally thik that blazing a couple of bowl is not nearly as harmful for your body as getting really shit faced.

im not saying anything about my choices, thats just an observation

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:46 Quote
lbobbitt513 wrote:
i personally thik that blazing a couple of bowl is not nearly as harmful for your body as getting really shit faced.

im not saying anything about my choices, thats just an observation
I think they are equally harmful because if you are high/drunk then you are more likely to do retarded things that could severely injure you. and yess smoking pot is worse than drinking because it is still illegal and you inhale it so there is still smoke in your lungs

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:53 Quote
And i suppose alcohol is good for you?

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:54 Quote
darkangelfr wrote:
And i suppose alcohol is good for you?

Yes. Moderate amounts every day dramatically decrease your risk of coronary diseases.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011372
Mobile Version of Website