Powered by Outside

Question About Componentry on Complete BMX's (page 3 update)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Question About Componentry on Complete BMX's (page 3 update)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 2, 2011 at 20:03 Quote
i'm looking to buy my first bmx in 15 years after riding hardtails in that time. just a little confused with the build kits on these bikes. gonna try to keep it under $1k AUD. i've narrowed it down to the 2011 Kink Apex, which comes with a lot of Odyssey parts, the FIT Signature models, which come with FIT and Odyssey parts, and the We The People Envy or Versus. The Envy comes with Eclat parts and the Justice comes with Salt.

Depending on which bike shop I talk to, I'm getting conflicting opinions, biased I guess. I really like the look of the Apex and the price is great, but have been told that the Odyssey parts that it comes with are low- end.

The FIT bikes are nice but I'm unsure about the FIT components, and also very confused as to which model I want. There are like four or five Signature models, whats the difference? I ride dirt and park, but favour dirt. Thinkin' the Eddie or the Brian Foster?

And as for the WTP bikes, they look quality but to be honest I've never even heard of Salt or Eclat. Are they decent?

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 at 21:28 Quote
Go for the wtp for sure. Fit completes aren't very good quality. Wtp's are nice, and éclat is awesome!! Also look into Sunday's completes
Look up the wtp envy, and the Sunday sigs. Best completes you can buy

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 3:45 Quote
thanks man. dam i was hoping to get a few more opinions though. i guess people are sick of "which bike?" threads though. fair enough. gonna place an order tomorrow. still undecided. think it'll be a wtp high end model or the '11 kink apex though

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 7:45 Quote
wtp is always my first choice in completes, salt is their home brand, it's pretty decent quality since they improved it ever since they started using it. Eclat too is really good.
In the end, I'd always advice you Wtp completes, especially the higher end models. I hardly ever hear people say bad things about wtp.

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 9:02 Quote
you cant go wrong with a wethepeople envy, its full of amazing parts, go or it!

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 9:25 Quote
look into the stereo flash 2012, seriously nice bike at a decent price

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 9:40 Quote
Get the WTP envy, eclat parts are really good salt are decent aswell WTP frames also have nice geometry they just tend to feel small so make sure you dont get a too small size Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 9:41 Quote
Kasperln wrote:
Get the WTP envy, eclat parts are really good salt are decent aswell WTP frames also have nice geometry they just tend to feel small so make sure you dont get a too small size Smile

gotta admit my envy v1 was amazing but they only do 20.75 and 21.25, they should do other sizes

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 10:19 Quote
dude, forgot about all of them

go for the sunday arron ross pro (or other pro ones)

sundays have the best completes IMO, stock load with odyssey wheelset and twombolt cranks and that

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 10:35 Quote
sp33dyboy wrote:

sundays have the best completes IMO, stock load with odyssey wheelset and twombolt cranks and that

yeah there good but id prefer the envy v3, more suttle, stronger parts and its wethepeople, theyve got the best reputation for completes

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 10:39 Quote
sj99 wrote:
sp33dyboy wrote:

yeah there good but id prefer the envy v3, more suttle, stronger parts and its wethepeople, theyve got the best reputation for completes

i guess you can argue between both of them, its pretty much what company you like more:L
sunday+odyssey
or
wethepeople+eclat

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 11:25 Quote
sp33dyboy wrote:
sj99 wrote:
sp33dyboy wrote:

i guess you can argue between both of them, its pretty much what company you like more:L
sunday+odyssey
or
wethepeople+eclat
Yeah they're about the same. I like both. I'd prolly take the Sunday though since I'm a total Sunday fanboy XD I'm the first to admit it

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 11:30 Quote
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
sp33dyboy wrote:
sj99 wrote:

sunday+odyssey
or
wethepeople+eclat
Yeah they're about the same. I like both. I'd prolly take the Sunday though since I'm a total Sunday fanboy XD I'm the first to admit it

dont get me wrong sunday and odyssey are shit hot, i run there parts but u have to admit only the higher end sundays are worth the money

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 13:31 Quote
sj99 wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
sp33dyboy wrote:

sunday+odyssey
or
wethepeople+eclat

dont get me wrong sunday and odyssey are shit hot, i run there parts but u have to admit only the higher end sundays are worth the money
yup, the rest is hi tensile steel which means its crap

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042099
Mobile Version of Website