Jumps around newark

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Jumps around newark
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 13:45 Quote
Recently moved to newark and looking for some dirt jumps around the area and not had any success. Sherwood pines is a bit to far for me and need somewhere that i can spend a few hours after work.
Are there any at stapleford woods? or is there any other places nearby that i could ride?

jumps around mansfield or lincoln would be handy too, specially if they are less than 45 mins bike ride away from the train station

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 4:09 Quote
chunkymcpot wrote:
Recently moved to newark and looking for some dirt jumps around the area and not had any success. Sherwood pines is a bit to far for me and need somewhere that i can spend a few hours after work.
Are there any at stapleford woods? or is there any other places nearby that i could ride?

jumps around mansfield or lincoln would be handy too, specially if they are less than 45 mins bike ride away from the train station

Mate, I moved to Newark from Sheffield sep 2010 and there is nothing!! A few little skateparks. The BMX track got leveled a few years back 2!! I may have to build my own!

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 at 5:34 Quote
A quick train ride down to Leicester only takes a few min and there's a great set of jumps + pump track on Weston Park. Sorry it doesn't answer your need for something
on your doorstep but it's worth a visit if you finish early for the afternoon or something.

I moved to Newark a few months back and Sherwood is the nearest thing sadly.

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 at 6:17 Quote
haha i get an awnser 8 months later lol

Well what ive learnt is that sherwood pines is pretty much the only place to go, though with it costing bassically a tenner to get there and back and pay for parking, a few trips work out expensive.

May have to check the leicester places though as that should be cheaper.

Newark has nowhere that you can build either

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 at 15:10 Quote
come down devils woods mate regulary up there building suprised u aint been

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 at 15:14 Quote
Sweeny88 wrote:
come down devils woods mate regulary up there building suprised u aint been

Is that the wooded area next to beacon hill road? Was down in the summer but nothing there, might give it a look next week when i'm off work.

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 at 15:16 Quote
theres tons mate we've build a set of triples it aint much but its fun Smile Im in the process of making a mean pump track with jumps up there Smile grab a spade and a saw n muck in Smile

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 at 15:22 Quote
i shall go up there with my spades and bike at the next available opportunity! Had someone mention to me ages ago about the place, but i might have been looking in the wrong places

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 at 15:26 Quote
drop me a message mate ill gladly show ya around Smile nice to meet a fellow dirt jumper Smile im definitely up there at the weekend Smile

Posted: Mar 22, 2012 at 8:43 Quote
Yo! Don't leave me out! lol. I'm sick of driving back to sheffield, chesterfield, mansfield and Sherwood pines just to ride!! BTW if you go to clipstone and park at Vicars waters (which is free) is only a 5min ride to the dirtjumps at Sherwood pines and doesn't cost you.

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 14:46 Quote
Checked out those jumps, looks kinda sketchy, worried about going to high and hanging myself! Well i think i'll carry on going to pines, roll on thursday when i can go.

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 at 5:23 Quote
fair du's we love em certainly aint buckled yet

Posted: Mar 29, 2012 at 15:18 Quote
pines on thursday how many of yas goin ?

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 11:29 Quote
twas yesterday... though due to idiots panic buying fuel, i ran out of patience at the pumps to put enough fuel in to get me there and back so didn't go, probably head off next thursday though. I usually go on my own, but for halfs on fuel im willing to take another person.

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 13:19 Quote
well me and my mate were onabout bikeing next thursday both on duals so aint so bad. up to you mate id quite happily give ya a tenner to take us if thats okay ??

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013219
Mobile Version of Website