Powered by Outside

Transition TR250 Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Transition TR250 Owners Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 19:48 Quote
This thread is for you to show off your TR250, talk about the bike and ask questions to other owners.

Thread Rules:
1. Stay on track, try not to go off-topic.
2. No bashing other users.
3. No random posts or pictures.
4. No spamming (this includes one-word posts/ "jotnote" posts)
5. No linking to distasteful websites
6. No swearing
7. No flaming
8. No distasteful pictures
9. No vulgar posts, no nudity, no rude, crude or obscene pictures
10. No soliciting in the thread
11. No discussing about torrents/other forms of piracy
12. No MSN style posts (please use proper words and grammar)
13. No feeding trolls/inappropriate posts
14. No talking about illicit/illegal activity

Ill start her off with my 250:

My new tr250
My new tr250
My new tr250

I am now looking into ways to save weight, if you all have any suggestions on where to start let me know! Cheers and enjoy the thread!

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 23:58 Quote
R8 J that's a sweet machine you have there mate, as regards saving weight, tyres and wheels is the way to go as any weight saving here is off rotating weight and therefore you get not only a lighter bike but you get a better ride in my experience. I can't tell if you've got tubeless tyres on there but that's a good start.
I'm feelin that bar, stem combo very nice.

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 5:33 Quote
STOLEN. My transition tr250.

Here's mine. Got some plans for the new year, anyone got some thoughts on what would look good??

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 9:19 Quote
HardingO wrote:

Here's mine. Got some plans for the new year, anyone got some thoughts on what would look good??

It looks great as it is! That yellow paint is stunning! I think what I would change first on are the pedals, I personally love the spank spikes, I have them on both of my bikes and they are awesome!

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 9:21 Quote
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:

It looks great as it is! That yellow paint is stunning! I think what I would change first on are the pedals, I personally love the spank spikes, I have them on both of my bikes and they are awesome!
Cheers! Yeah the paints amazing, matt yellow in natural light but a limey yellow metallic colour under artificial lights! Yeah I'm either getting spank spikes or straitlines? Straitlines because the grips meant to be the best but I love how slim the spanks are. And then new wheels.

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 9:25 Quote
HardingO wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:

Cheers! Yeah the paints amazing, matt yellow in natural light but a limey yellow metallic colour under artificial lights! Yeah I'm either getting spank spikes or straitlines? Straitlines because the grips meant to be the best but I love how slim the spanks are. And then new wheels.

The new strait line Amps look promising but the are so expensive! I had multiple pair of the ld strait line pedals and prefer the spanks, they are lighter thinner, have a bigger platform and are easier to clean/ maintain. What wheels are you thinking? I'm putting together a shopping cart right now for my 250 and decide whether to get a ti spring or an air shock. What do you think? I love the vivid air but the rc4 with a ti is awesome also.

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 9:29 Quote
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:

The new strait line Amps look promising but the are so expensive! I had multiple pair of the ld strait line pedals and prefer the spanks, they are lighter thinner, have a bigger platform and are easier to clean/ maintain. What wheels are you thinking? I'm putting together a shopping cart right now for my 250 and decide whether to get a ti spring or an air shock. What do you think? I love the vivid air but the rc4 with a ti is awesome also.
Yeah I'll probably go with the spanks cheaper and still not losing grip or quality etc.
This is my dilemma!! I really want an air shock however I dont want to lose the coil feeling and I really really like the rc4. I was looking at the new kashima dhx air at my local shop and it looks amazing, but I just dont know if I want to loose the quality of the rc4 and just get a ti spring. Wheels I'm thinking hope pro2's in red with maybe white or red spank spike rims.

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 9:34 Quote
HardingO wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:

Yeah I'll probably go with the spanks cheaper and still not losing grip or quality etc.
This is my dilemma!! I really want an air shock however I dont want to lose the coil feeling and I really really like the rc4. I was looking at the new kashima dhx air at my local shop and it looks amazing, but I just dont know if I want to loose the quality of the rc4 and just get a ti spring. Wheels I'm thinking hope pro2's in red with maybe white or red spank spike rims.

I have been super tempted but the new DHX air with Kashima too! looks so good! I think I'm going to go vivid air though just because it feels so good and is reliable. What spring weight do you run and how much do you weigh? I have a 500# and weight 177 pounds.

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 9:36 Quote
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:

I have been super tempted but the new DHX air with Kashima too! looks so good! I think I'm going to go vivid air though just because it feels so good and is reliable. What spring weight do you run and how much do you weigh? I have a 500# and weight 177 pounds.

Yeah I just love how it looks! But I'd be more likely to get the vivid air as they're said to be the closest to a coil feel. Urm I've got a 450 but I only weigh like 140 pounds hahaa so I need to get a new spring soon. (or just get an air shock)

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 9:41 Quote
HardingO wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:

Yeah I just love how it looks! But I'd be more likely to get the vivid air as they're said to be the closest to a coil feel. Urm I've got a 450 but I only weigh like 140 pounds hahaa so I need to get a new spring soon. (or just get an air shock)

Just sent a message to a guy selling a brand new vivid air for $375, I'm just going to pick that up. I ran the vivid air all last season on my v10c and love how it feels and trust its reliability so I feel good about running one again.

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 10:00 Quote
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:

Just sent a message to a guy selling a brand new vivid air for $375, I'm just going to pick that up. I ran the vivid air all last season on my v10c and love how it feels and trust its reliability so I feel good about running one again.

Yeah go for it!! Oh so you've ridden one before?? I've never tried one. Yeah I bet it'll be sick on a 250!!

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 10:03 Quote
HardingO wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:

Yeah go for it!! Oh so you've ridden one before?? I've never tried one. Yeah I bet it'll be sick on a 250!!

Yep, I rode one all last season, they feel just like a coil shock or better in my opinion and I didn't have any issues with it all year. And yah, I'm sure it will be awesome on the 250!

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 10:06 Quote
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:

Yep, I rode one all last season, they feel just like a coil shock or better in my opinion and I didn't have any issues with it all year. And yah, I'm sure it will be awesome on the 250!

Oh thats wicked. Are they reliable?? I think my friend has an 350 fox spring so hopefully it'll be long enough to fit and then I'll have a bit more of a think but I really want an air shock right now. Maybe wait for the xfusion or ccdb air.

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 10:14 Quote
HardingO wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:

Oh thats wicked. Are they reliable?? I think my friend has an 350 fox spring so hopefully it'll be long enough to fit and then I'll have a bit more of a think but I really want an air shock right now. Maybe wait for the xfusion or ccdb air.

I just pulled the trigged on the vivid air, so hopefully within a week it will be all mounted up. I though for a while about the x fusion and CCDB air's but I wrote them off because they are both new and there aren't any reviews or reliability tests done yet. The vivid air is very reliable, I rode it all season last year (Including multiple weeks at Whistler) and it held up great with no problems at all!

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 10:19 Quote
J-Carmichael wrote:
HardingO wrote:
J-Carmichael wrote:

I just pulled the trigged on the vivid air, so hopefully within a week it will be all mounted up. I though for a while about the x fusion and CCDB air's but I wrote them off because they are both new and there aren't any reviews or reliability tests done yet. The vivid air is very reliable, I rode it all season last year (Including multiple weeks at Whistler) and it held up great with no problems at all!

Ah that's sick! Looking forward to some pictures. Yeah that would be my only concern. A couple of guys have proto xfusions on pinkbike but I'm not sure. Fair enough thats pretty good then.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017864
Mobile Version of Website