Powered by Outside

Bmx losing its flow, and some of its style?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Bmx losing its flow, and some of its style?
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 11:22 Quote
Im not sure what bmxers have to say about this, but i find that bmx dirt jumping is starting to lose its flow and style, i mean think of some of the videos they are just pulling tricks as fast as they can and it doesnt look that a good example is in the kye forte king of dirt video. Todays vod is amazing, but and shows just how good bmx can look, but just a lot of the clips show the pros sort of wiggling about on their bike which just looks wrong.

Now coming from MTB i just thought i state my opinion and im looking to see what others think.

In no way does this comment affect street bmx

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 11:24 Quote
Depends who you look at, Aaron Ross, and Chase Hawk are both really flowy, but Cranmer and other riders of that type are more about progression.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 11:24 Quote
This is probably the most ridiculous post that I have ever seen. You could say that about mountain bike dirt jumpers possibly, but think of the style a BMX dirt jumper has, its even better. WTF man I'm so confused by your post.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 11:29 Quote
it's all the rider...

If you look at some of the guts from texas, they have incredible flow. Like chase hawk for example. I could watch him all day, and he doesn't even have to do a trick!

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 11:38 Quote

There ya go. If that doesn't have style, I don't know what does.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 11:52 Quote
I think that some riders don't need to go through a set and just pull a trick on every jump. I think that its more about just being smooth and having fun. Like i see some kids trying to dirt jump on mountain bikes and they're all about the hack no footers, and personally i'd rather watch chase hawk whip through the air than that. Like i ride MTB, but i get a lot of inspiration from BMX, for the single reason that they have way more style and flow than any one on a mountain bike.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 11:55 Quote
What a rediculous post...

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 12:54 Quote
This is a stupid post, sure some people are hacks but you must be looking at the wrong crowd. Cause BMX dirtjump is great, and a reason MTB dirtjump looks more flowy is because they have suspesnion too.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:21 Quote
not to put ant mtbers down, but a lot bmxers with little style came from mtb. like i'll go to a park and see bmxers trying t pull haggard ass no footers with no stlye, there just doing what they can to pull off the trick. but then theres alot of bmxers who didn't start on mtb, and they would rather just flow the park, throwing smaller tricks with more air. looks so much better.

not to put down mtbing but its usually mtbers trying to throw down the bigger trick with a haggard style.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 17:41 Quote
bradyc wrote:
MTB dirtjump looks more flowy is because they have suspesnion too.
HAHAHAHA you're joking right?

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 18:39 Quote
djfivejames wrote:
bradyc wrote:
MTB dirtjump looks more flowy is because they have suspesnion too.
HAHAHAHA you're joking right?
Ha ha thought what would spark someone, no I'm not serious. But now that I think bout it, the run up can be sketchy on a BMX sometimes due to rigids I guess versus those squish sticks.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 18:48 Quote
djfivejames wrote:

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 18:55 Quote
djfivejames wrote:

yep

whitetux wrote:
Im not sure what bmxers have to say about this, but i find that bmx dirt jumping is starting to lose its flow and style, i mean think of some of the videos they are just pulling tricks as fast as they can and it doesnt look that a good example is in the kye forte king of dirt video. Todays vod is amazing, but and shows just how good bmx can look, but just a lot of the clips show the pros sort of wiggling about on their bike which just looks wrong.

what videos are you watching???

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 19:15 Quote
The turn downs in that fox video were steezy. SO nice!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011412
Mobile Version of Website