Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

plegs shipping now!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
plegs shipping now!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 9:06 Quote
i cant wait head over to g-sports website for more info.

sam.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 17:40 Quote
well if your not going to post a picture, link to the website or any information or visual aid whatsoever then what the hell was the point of this thread?

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 17:43 Quote
well if you know anything about the bmx industry you would realize that this thread is very informative!

plegs are one of the most anticipate item from interbike this year(for bmx atleast).
I personally will stick to metal, but I know many people who have been pegless forever, and say they will only get pegs when the plegs are out!

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 21:26 Quote
I've been waiting to try these. Always scared of stabbing myself with a sharp metal peg every time i have pegs on.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 10:08 Quote
fufalump wrote:
I've been waiting to try these. Always scared of stabbing myself with a sharp metal peg every time i have pegs on.

yeah me too i really hurt my ankle a couple years back cause i had to bail from a fufanu,and i caught my ankle on the end the end of my peg and i ended up having to get 4 stitches,so this is a big plus for me and many other riders that have experienced the same or simular injures.

Also there lightwheight,durable(if used properly,dont damage as much as metal pegs and parks that dont allow pegs might let you in with the plegs.

sam.

p.s im sure many will agree with me,that loads of peg and pegless riders will want to try this new desighn sonner or later.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 12:08 Quote
2 years! Too long is what I have to say. I plan on going pegged once these guys make it to my LBS. All thats around here is ledge's anyways to grind so I'm super pumped.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 13:15 Quote
I'm not overly excited about them. It's not a "new" idea...Inliners have been grinding on plastic for years! I'll most likely be picking up a pair this summer to try out, since grinding is my favorite thing to do on a bike. If I like them more than my Macneils, I'll buy another pair and replace all 4 of my steel pegs. I don't see that happening...but we'll see.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 14:22 Quote
They're a good idea, but plastic pegs sound like crap. D: I might get some, depending on a few things.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 14:36 Quote
sherbet wrote:
They're a good idea, but plastic pegs sound like crap. D: I might get some, depending on a few things.
The thought of plastic pegs is just rediculous, but when you look at the compound, vids of them being ridden and the construction along with purpose its actually jeenyus.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 14:37 Quote
bradyc wrote:
sherbet wrote:
The thought of plastic pegs is just rediculous, but when you look at the compound, vids of them being ridden and the construction along with purpose its actually jeenyus.

Oh, I agree. Like a polyurethane bash ring, genius! Only problem that I've heard of is the plegs make an awful sound.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 14:37 Quote
sherbet wrote:
bradyc wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Oh, I agree. Like a polyurethane bash ring, genius! Only problem that I've heard of is the plegs make an awful sound.
Really everything I've heard is they are silent....

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 14:38 Quote
bradyc wrote:
sherbet wrote:
bradyc wrote:

Really everything I've heard is they are silent....

Hmm. I know someone who's getting some, so I'll know 100%, hopefully soon.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 14:42 Quote
where are those vids?...and photos?

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 14:52 Quote
Here's the article with pictures.

There's bike checks with pictures on lots of sites. Search Odyssey's site if you want to see them on a bike.

Anyway I'm pretty sure they're basically silent when grinding. I'm going to pick some up.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011483
Mobile Version of Website