Powered by Outside

Freeride trails in Utah??

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Freeride trails in Utah??
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 14:28 Quote
Are there any riders on here from Utah? Do you know of good freeride trails anywhere outside of the resorts? I know someone has to have built something somewhere...

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 15:52 Quote
I just moved out of Utah, but I loved riding there. Where do you live? I could point toward a couple of people that know where some stuff is.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 8:43 Quote
I'm in Provo. I know where a lot of x-country trails are in the Wasatch area, but I'm looking for something a little more intense.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 10:52 Quote
Is there seriously only one rider from Utah on Pinkbike?!

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:04 Quote
UTAH REPRESENT!!!! Salute We got ourselves a couple riders here in good ol Cedar City. Best place to bike ever. Brian head isn't far off, Virgin isn't far either, and the community is very chillaxed. I know there is a kid riding a bottlerocket from utah valley. and i got a few friends from up north who are downhillers as well.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:05 Quote
My buddy lives in Park City there are some shuttle trails on Gaurdsmans pass. I havent ridden them or know how freeride oriented they are just pointing you in a direction. Provo isnt to far from Park City like 30 minutes right?

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:07 Quote
Provo has the squaw peak trail as the main downhill ride. A few of my buddies hit that regularly. if you head south to payson canyon you can shuttle bennie creek. Park city is a decent drive away, up the canyon through heber and over.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:09 Quote
I live in P.C. There are a few out here.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:09 Quote
We usually shuttle deer valley trails. The ones off of guardsmans are tough to get to.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:13 Quote
paulmboyle wrote:
We usually shuttle deer valley trails. The ones off of guardsmans are tough to get to.
How are those trails? I never had a chance to get up to deer valley this last season. I have heard the trails are awesome tho.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:41 Quote
They are a lot of fun. Deer Valley is all corporate crap though and they won't really listen to there riders for improvement. I haven't seen a new trail there in a couple of years. They are still good though.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:45 Quote
I'm hoping to hit some of the resorts again as soon as the snow melts up there. We were given permission to shuttle the trails at Brian Head as soon as the snow melts and before the lifts open so we are stoked for that. Hopefully next summer A few of us are going to try and build a new trail down here.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:48 Quote
hey, i'm in provo. yeah, squaw peak is pretty cool and bennie down in payson, but aside from that...there's not a whole lot...some little stuff. hey, i know this is a plug, but i just opened a bike shop in orem that caters to the freeride/downhill market. It's where a shop that used to be called the all-mtn co. used to be. We're called urban downfall cycles and are located behind best buy next to curves. if you're at milo, you can see our shop. the sign looks like a wallride. the address is 327 E. 1200 S. Suite 5. stop in and just say what's up. for the holiday's we'll only be in the shop tues/thur/sat...but after that, we'll be there mon-sat 10-7. we carry transition, black market, canfield, atomlab...and hopefully norco soon. come say what's up.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:53 Quote
Sweet thats right near my parents house where I will be for christmas. If you guys are open on christmas eve I want to stop in and see what you've got. I'm sick of stores for giving me weird looks when I ask for downhill equipment.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:41 Quote
yeah dude, i'll tell one of the guys to be in there x-mas eve. we don't have a ton yet, just some parts and a few bikes, but we can get anything and we just charge msrp as compared to most of the bikeshops in the area

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012502
Mobile Version of Website