Best enduro/AM Bike?

• Previous Page
Posted: May 4, 2012 at 14:41 Quote
Hi guys I am pritty new to this forum, I currently ride a 2008 Kona Coilair which has been a great bike but I want to step my riding up on a better bike and enter some competitions and maybe one day Megavalanche. I am looking for an other All Mountain bike package with around 160mm of travel I will be using it for normal XC trails and doing a bit of free ride/DH, so a hard hitter which can climb (basically what we all want).

My choices at the moment in no particular order are:
Lapierre Spicy
Mondraker Dune
Santacruz Nomad
Transition Covert
Specialized Endour
Giant Reign
Gt Force
Ibis Mojo
Yeti SB 66

I was just wondering what people have experienced and heard about these bikes and there thoughts.
Thanks

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 14:50 Quote
Just an add on I am a bit worried about carbon frame bikes like the Ibis as as I don't know how much abuse they can take.

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 15:48 Quote
Just seen the new Commencal Meta looks sweet as well, there is such a large selection of good all mountain bikes. Help !

FL
Posted: May 5, 2012 at 6:32 Quote
I love my Enduro s-works. It's light enough to climb.

Posted: May 5, 2012 at 6:50 Quote
What about a nukeproof mega

Posted: May 5, 2012 at 6:53 Quote
never looked at Nukeproof will have a look now.

Posted: May 5, 2012 at 7:08 Quote
do you ride one? and if so what do you think of it? as i can see many review of it.

Posted: May 5, 2012 at 7:29 Quote
i will be getting one in the next few months i am going for the Pro model i have not seen any bad comments about them, there are some on my fave pics on my profile have a look and post your questions
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/interbike-2011-nukeproof-mega-first-ride-review-31723/

Posted: May 5, 2012 at 9:27 Quote
I love my 2006 Rocky Mountain Slayer 30, great on the uphills, kills the dh. But i got a chance to ride the 2012 Rocky Mountain Slayer 70, that thing is amazing, I felt like there was no top speed, and nothing that bike couldnt handle.. But for 5000 dollars or so, I would expect that!

Posted: May 5, 2012 at 9:30 Quote
I quite like the look of the transition, and lapierre. does any one have experience with them?

O+
Posted: May 5, 2012 at 14:39 Quote
I know its not on your list but it should be. Pivot Firebird. The ultimate AM machine in my opinion. Just built one up and built it on the beefy FR side and it came in at a tad over 32. Super plush and I can still pedal it.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2012 at 22:31 Quote
GDubbs wrote:
I love my 2006 Rocky Mountain Slayer 30, great on the uphills, kills the dh. But i got a chance to ride the 2012 Rocky Mountain Slayer 70, that thing is amazing, I felt like there was no top speed, and nothing that bike couldnt handle.. But for 5000 dollars or so, I would expect that!

+1 on the Slayer 70. I have the 2011 & it's climbiing ability is unbelievable. And for the downhill, the only limiting factor is my skills as it can handle more than anything I can throw at it.

Posted: May 5, 2012 at 23:33 Quote
Take a look at enduro race bikes. Nomads, Mojos Abra Cadabra's seem to dominate, as well as Laprarire's. Bikes of this level should be ridden before you purchase one. So find some local dealers and take a couple of test rides, then buy what ever one you like the best.

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 23:09 Quote
wizard604 wrote:
GDubbs wrote:

+1 on the Slayer 70. I have the 2011 & it's climbiing ability is unbelievable. And for the downhill, the only limiting factor is my skills as it can handle more than anything I can throw at it.

I think I was most impressed with the brakes "formula" the one's I think its something crazy like a 6 piston design? Overall I think that bike is possibly the best bike ive ever ridden...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012209
Mobile Version of Website