Powered by Outside

[Help] Chain Tention

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
[Help] Chain Tention
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 15, 2012 at 13:13 Quote
Hello,

So i have an 05 Havok, i recently replace my euro BB and my chain tention is all over the place. i dont really want to use a spring loaded chain tentioner. how can i adjust my bb/sprockt to fix the tention issues i have.

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 at 13:32 Quote
Not sure I understand, can you not just take a link out of the chain and pull the wheel back to tension it?

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 at 13:42 Quote
Ill try to explain a little bit better.

When my right side pedal is fully forward the chain tension is super tight. but when its in opposite position is got so much slack i think it could poop the chain off

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 at 13:43 Quote
im pretty sure its a spacing issues but i dont know how to adjust it properly

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 at 13:48 Quote
Oh I understand now, is the chainring on correctly? Thats about the only thing I can think of, someone else might be able to help more sorry

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 at 13:53 Quote
tenacious3l wrote:
Oh I understand now, is the chainring on correctly? Thats about the only thing I can think of, someone else might be able to help more sorry

Yeah i never adjusted the chain ring i only swapped the BB.... i will try adjusting it a bit see the outcome

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 at 13:54 Quote
Is the crank arm on properly then? Maybe chuck some photos up if you can

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 at 14:01 Quote
could it be the spacer on the chainring? i never though of checking that

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 12:54 Quote
i think i had the same problem, you need quicker free hub engagement, with only 4 pawls in a free hub (as standard) as you try to pedal it takes ages for the free hub to catch, you need a free hub with more pawls, hope pro 2 evo single speed hub, i recommend that, it sorted the problem for me.

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 12:56 Quote
nick90030 wrote:
i think i had the same problem, you need quicker free hub engagement, with only 4 pawls in a free hub (as standard) as you try to pedal it takes ages for the free hub to catch, you need a free hub with more pawls, hope pro 2 evo single speed hub, i recommend that, it sorted the problem for me.
Err no

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 12:56 Quote
so basically a chain tight spot... cranks are flush, and the sprocket spins straight?

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 12:58 Quote
urhm yes? 'voltagejosh' like i said, it sorted the problem for me, if it sorted the problem i had, than i cant see how you can say no it wont work? when quite obv it did? :L im a bike mechanic kid :L

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 13:02 Quote
Your getting mixed up, the chain got tight and slack, as in it was hard and easy to spin, hub shell problem changing resistance in rotation, this is the chain going tight and slack, you misunderstood i think. What your saying to do will have no effect on chain tension unless you egged your rear chainring lol

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 13:02 Quote
nick90030 wrote:
urhm yes? 'voltagejosh' like i said, it sorted the problem for me, if it sorted the problem i had, than i cant see how you can say no it wont work? when quite obv it did? :L im a bike mechanic kid :L
Please explain how the number of pawls affects the chain tension

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 13:03 Quote
i posted my comment in the wrong thread, yes i am a retard, sorry guys :L

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.274989
Mobile Version of Website