The Free Photoshop Thread [Read Rules on the 1st Post]

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The Free Photoshop Thread [Read Rules on the 1st Post]
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 10:26 Quote
Welcome to the free photoshop thread!

! ! ~ READ THIS BIT BEFORE POSTING ~ ! !

Before posting please take some time to read this post in depth.

How to request a photoshop

To request a photoshop, its very simple; Below is an example of how things should be requested.

bigquotesHey guys here's my bike, could I please have my fork lowers changed to gloss black, but leave the stickers as they are. Also could I please have my seatpost made raw if possible? Cheers Smile

The Nukeproof Mega with new brakes and the air shock is back

Below is an example of how things should not be requested.

bigquotesYo dis is ma bik, cn yu maek it luk mint?

Example of bad picture for photoshop thread xD

Rules:

1. Be civil
2. Be clear
3. If you want a part shopped into your picture, you need to provide the part for the picture in the right size/resolution from the correct perspective
4. NO mobile phone pictures.
5. Give clear requests
6. Have respect for photoshoppers, they're doing this for free.
7. Only OTeh can do real rainbows Wink

8. Don't feed the trolls.
9. If you're doing a shop, say, don't waste peoples time. If somebody has called the shop, it is theirs.
10. Don't be a dingleberry.
11. Be patient, somebody will do it eventually. If nobody pays attention after a few pages, you may bump to remind of your post.
12. Trozei is the colour guru and you will heed his wisdom.
13. This isn't the place to advertise yourself, go away.

Thank you for helping us help you help us all.

Take note:

- If you are rude or ignorant, don't be surprised if we refuse to do your shop.
- Spokes are next to impossible to shop, don't ask for them.
- Provided its a realistic request, you are allowed to request anything, be it car, bike, whatever!
- Your requests will reflect in the quality of the shop done, if its done at all.
- Again, we're doing this completely for free, have some respect.
- If you bike gets rainbowed, its because you either asked for it or more likely you gave a really vague request. Don't take offence from this, its a running joke.
- A photoshop is only as good as the picture you provide, if the picture is blurry, noisy, under/over-exposed the the shop is going to look terrible.
- Respectively, try to provide pictures in the highest quality you can.
- Be nice, remember to say please and thank you.
- If you're new to shopping you're welcome to showcase and develop your skills, but don't take offence if a regular also does your shop if they feel the quality of yours isn't good enough; They aren't doing this to spite you, sometimes people need to know how things look as they may be wanting to do these things for real and need an idea how it looks. Don't be discouraged, we all started somewhere, though if you want to develop your skills its better to do it in your own time, if you don't feel your shops are up to scratch, practise more!
- Remember; Bright white and dark black things don't shop very well when taken from a lesser camera (see forks on example picture) and therefore look generally bad on photoshops as you cannot depict minor details in shape, and bright white things often leave a glare or haze around the object, making colour changes even more difficult! Though the bad example shot was taken from a good camera originally, I edited the second to simulate a badly focused, noisy over exposed shot that you often get from camera phones and cheaper cameras. You can see how making a shop look good can be difficult with a picture like this.
- Chroming things is difficult on a good picture, don't ask us to chrome the picture of a grey cloud you claim is your bike.
- If you're using paint, no. Just no, don't do that.
- If everybody is refusing to do your shop, its probably for the better.
- Respectively, if you don't like how something looks, just do the shop, its their stuff not yours.
- Don't bother asking if there are any requests, that is what this thread is for, give yourself a slap harry.
- Contrary to prior belief, stand-easy actually has great difficulty standing up sometimes.
- It is considered bad etiquette to question top-cat's censored face.
- 817moto can be special too.

Adobe Photoshop CS2
Pixlr Editor (Free browser based editor)

If you're vague, you will get a surprise.

Do not question your ban, you're banned for a reason.

#BANS coin, hendu, Haak, Jordan96Kelly, Wasmachineman-NL #BANS

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 10:33 Quote
coin wrote:
turtlesauce2000 wrote:
Mongoosepro wrote:
Could somebody please shop this Matt black, and or Gloss Red or you can choose colour.
Could you do Chrome or white wheels if possible cheers.

<Photo does not exist: 8547673>
I hope to god its not actually green and someones already shopped it that colour...
Why? Its been prof resprayed RS Green
Know what, if you're going to have someone Photoshop your truck, don't say it's been professionally done. It was a quick 'shop that I rushed, but still.

Consider yourself revealed.

photo
photo

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 10:34 Quote
trozei wrote:
coin wrote:
turtlesauce2000 wrote:

I hope to god its not actually green and someones already shopped it that colour...
Why? Its been prof resprayed RS Green
Know what, if you're going to have someone Photoshop your truck, don't say it's been professionally done. It was a quick 'shop that I rushed, but still.

Consider yourself revealed.

photo
photo

Don't worry man we've already given him a severe grilling lol I think he's learnt his lesson by now lol

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 10:37 Quote
Just had to get my two cents in.

/rage at this guy.

Moving on...

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 10:41 Quote
Yeah, can you play D'Evils by Jay-Z?

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 10:41 Quote
In good old ollie style....

Anyone want to make my glory look sick? Wink

lol

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 10:42 Quote
OP, make that a rule.

Be vague, and expect a surprise.

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 10:52 Quote
I'm gonna say, the quality of the job will be based on the quality of your request lol

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 10:56 Quote
That's a good rule.

Hey, how'd you manage to post a redirectory in the previous thread if it was locked?

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 10:57 Quote
trozei wrote:
That's a good rule.

Hey, how'd you manage to post a redirectory in the previous thread if it was locked?

Kinny edited the post Smile

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 11:12 Quote
Is this just for shopping DJ/Street or any kind of bike?

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 11:13 Quote
Any bike, its just been put into the same place as the old one.

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 11:22 Quote
Updated the OP too Smile

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 11:30 Quote
Good call on this haha

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030079
Mobile Version of Website