Powered by Outside

Specialized Demo 8.1 2013

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Demo 8.1 2013
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 29, 2012 at 14:33 Quote
Hey guys!

I have a question about the Specialized Demo 8.1 2013 model.
A good friend have connections to Specialized and can get the bike new 40% cheaper as in shops.
I´m unsure if I should buy these bike because the brakes actually made for AM ( Avid Elixier 5 ). I heard a lot of fading problems with these breaks.
How good are the other parts?
* Custom FOX VAN RC
* RockShox Boxxer RC

Thanks for help Big Grin

Posted: Oct 29, 2012 at 21:06 Quote
Given the heavy discount I don't see why you'd get a different bike.

The boxxer rc and Van Rc are not the best but quite good. Personally I'm not a big fan of avid's.

I would take them off and sell them and upgrade. You'll get a decent price being they're new.

Ps. I wouldn't mention getting whatever % off a new bike. Your discrediting the overhead bike shops/companies need to stay afloat.

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 8:03 Quote
faithful wrote:
Given the heavy discount I don't see why you'd get a different bike.

The boxxer rc and Van Rc are not the best but quite good. Personally I'm not a big fan of avid's.

I would take them off and sell them and upgrade. You'll get a decent price being they're new.

Ps. I wouldn't mention getting whatever % off a new bike. Your discrediting the overhead bike shops/companies need to stay afloat.

That helps a lot. Thanks Big Grin

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 8:24 Quote
40% off is killer and shouldn't be passed up. Take off the brakes before you ride it so you can sell them as "new take off". Every group of riders always has that guy still running old ass Hayes brakes, you can give them to him.

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 8:47 Quote
http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Moi-Promo-video-2013,15959/970biking,307

Looks pretty capable to me

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 8:56 Quote
SlickShoe671 wrote:
40% off is killer and shouldn't be passed up. Take off the brakes before you ride it so you can sell them as "new take off". Every group of riders always has that guy still running old ass Hayes brakes, you can give them to him.

Ok,whats with the boxxer and Van RC?
How different is the comparison to an another bike with R2c2 and the Vivid rc2?

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 9:06 Quote
Watch the video I just posted, if you dont know anything about dh bikes or parts, I doubt you are riding harder than that guy. Unless your a pretty competitive racer the stock build is going to be fine, you should be all over a demo at 60% cost.

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 9:10 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
Watch the video I just posted, if you dont know anything about dh bikes or parts, I doubt you are riding harder than that guy. Unless your a pretty competitive racer the stock build is going to be fine, you should be all over a demo at 60% cost.

i will watch it

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 13:56 Quote
Boxxer R2C2 has this regulations: High Speed Compression, Low Speed Compresion, Beggining Stroke Rebound and Ending Stroke rebound

Boxxer RC: Low Speed Compresion + Rebound

If I were you, i'd buy that bike withouth any doubt, then i'd sell the brakes and fork to get a Boxxer R2C2/Marzocchi 888 RC3+Shimano XT adding a bit of money.

The Fox Van RC just does the job, you can use it without regrets, its not so bad.

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 14:27 Quote
GekoES wrote:
Boxxer R2C2 has this regulations: High Speed Compression, Low Speed Compresion, Beggining Stroke Rebound and Ending Stroke rebound

Boxxer RC: Low Speed Compresion + Rebound

If I were you, i'd buy that bike withouth any doubt, then i'd sell the brakes and fork to get a Boxxer R2C2/Marzocchi 888 RC3+Shimano XT adding a bit of money.

The Fox Van RC just does the job, you can use it without regrets, its not so bad.

thanks

I will only change the breaks into the avid code r.
Can i use the adapter/discs from the elixier which are on the bike? Sorry for the noob question but i have no plan.

Posted: Nov 1, 2012 at 18:04 Quote
ive got a 2013 demo 8 and its amazing and so dam quite hahah i bought mine for 3300 and still so bloody worth it!

Posted: Nov 1, 2012 at 23:43 Quote
adamsheffield wrote:
ive got a 2013 demo 8 and its amazing and so dam quite hahah i bought mine for 3300 and still so bloody worth it!

Nice,it´s the same color i would prefer.
Damn thats my price with 2300 euro a killer.With new breaks ( avid code r ) i come to 2500 euros
Are you happy with the stock breaks and the Boxxer Rc with only adjusting Low Speed Compresion + Rebound?

Posted: Nov 2, 2012 at 3:40 Quote
I got mine yesterday, Its the black and green one. the only things i feel that need changing are the bars and the seat post needs cutting. was that 3300 pounds? Mine cost me $4000 AUD

Posted: Nov 2, 2012 at 4:41 Quote
Mup33t wrote:
was that 3300 pounds? Mine cost me $4000 AUD

My killer price for the 8.1 is $2861 AUD, the 8.2 4230 AUD.
I think i will buy the 8.1 in red/black/white and put some avid code r on it.

Posted: Nov 2, 2012 at 12:05 Quote
yeah no doubt about it the brakes a piece of shit mate ahahaha put everything else is sick on it

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.287271
Mobile Version of Website