Powered by Outside

DH Tyres

• Previous Page
O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 at 8:01 Quote
What dh tyre do you think is better: themaxxis minion dh or maxxis high roller? Thanks in advance

Posted: Dec 5, 2012 at 8:15 Quote
johnpierro13 wrote:
What dh tyre do you think is better: themaxxis minion dh or maxxis high roller? Thanks in advance
high roller super tackie

Posted: Dec 5, 2012 at 21:23 Quote
My favorite setup is a Minion DHF on the front and rear

Posted: Dec 6, 2012 at 12:56 Quote
Have you considered muddy Mary's?

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2012 at 16:05 Quote
I am open to any suggestions as I am looking for the best dh tyre that is dual ply and not a super tacky compound

Posted: Dec 6, 2012 at 23:02 Quote
mcchicken wrote:
My favorite setup is a Minion DHF on the front and rear
this.

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 11:29 Quote
Canadians love Minions, Brits love High Rollers...

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 13:12 Quote
lol minions it is then, would u suggest the front and rear tire be different like get the rear for the rear or just get the front for both?

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 13:37 Quote
johnpierro13 wrote:
lol minions it is then, would u suggest the front and rear tire be different like get the rear for the rear or just get the front for both?
Everyone i know who uses maxxis tired uses a Minion DHF on the front and a high roller 2 on the rear. Im using it right now and im liking it

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 16:20 Quote
johnpierro13 wrote:

I ran DHF on the front and DHR on the rear for a season or two.. I found the DHF front and rear to be much better. It's a fast rolling tire with awesome cornering. If you wanted a different tire in the back I would put a high roller in over the DHR. I don't know why, but I'm just not a big fan of the DHR. The high roller might be better for braking than the DHF, but it's a slower roller and doesn't quite bite the corners like the F minions.

With all this said, it depends on what terrain you are riding in and what kind of trails.. A minion may excel on trail A, but the high roller might be best on trail B. Don't forget about your riding style and what you want to get out of your ride.. Hey if you want to send some sick drifts, you could try out some hookworms! (not recommended)

But since you asked: DHF on the front AND rear!

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 19:49 Quote
thanks mcchicken and I plan on riding blue mountain nxt summer so idk what tyres would be best so I will trust ur recommendation thanks!

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 19:28 Quote
Try out the Maxxis DHF 3C 2.5 front and a High Roller II 2.4 in the rear. Its cryp

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 4:22 Quote
DHF up front and use the DHR II out the back
They designed the DHRII because so many riders were using the DHF as a rear tiree so they revamped the old DHR basically using a DHF then modifying it for a more ideal rear end ride.

I have not used the new DHR II yet but they sound good.

equally important is your riding, no point using muds if your riding dry compact, not point uses dry tires in mud.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 6:22 Quote
What about on the rainy days? What about the wet screams? And hat wod be a good tea for that one?

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 23:50 Quote
shawnryantyra wrote:
What about on the rainy days? What about the wet screams? And hat wod be a good tea for that one?

dont think about whether conditions think about track conditions. the track defines what tires and width you use.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013292
Mobile Version of Website