Profile Cranks...

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Profile Cranks...
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 15, 2012 at 8:18 Quote
I am most likely going to be buying some Profile's. I just want to know the difference between the GDH's and the GDH Lite's. I've been told it's just the titanium spindle that is the only difference.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Smile

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 16:53 Quote
profile cranks and awesome for racing but wont last extremely long riding park or other. there are stronger crank sets out there on the market

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 17:20 Quote
hawaii-rider wrote:
profile cranks and awesome for racing but wont last extremely long riding park or other. there are stronger crank sets out there on the market
What do you recommend?

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 17:50 Quote
Personally i like demolition and fly cranks....ive ran premium cranks before and those are actually pretty nice

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 18:29 Quote
mtxfreestyle13 wrote:
Personally i like demolition and fly cranks....ive ran premium cranks before and those are actually pretty nice
Alright, thanks!

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 18:51 Quote
Redline Device cranks are also a really good option.

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 20:17 Quote
no offense but i wouldnt get demolition or fly unless its the new fly cranks because iv talked to alot of people that broke the old fly cranks. and redline is for racing = wont last after to many hard landings.
i use the original stolen team cranks with the older solid profile spindle = and its bomb proof, iv used this for years.
fit cranks are good as well.
and iv seen these crank arms broken right in half: profile, macneil, snafu, primo, shadow, my self and alot of other riders wouldnt buy those again

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 20:27 Quote
hawaii-rider wrote:
no offense but i wouldnt get demolition or fly unless its the new fly cranks because iv talked to alot of people that broke the old fly cranks. and redline is for racing = wont last after to many hard landings.
i use the original stolen team cranks with the older solid profile spindle = and its bomb proof, iv used this for years.
fit cranks are good as well.
and iv seen these crank arms broken right in half: profile, macneil, snafu, primo, shadow, my self and alot of other riders wouldnt buy those again

ya ive seen just about every crank out there break, but it all depends on how you ride, every set of cranks has a week spot and sooner or later someone will find that week spot, but if you found a bomb proof set than thats awesome. i usually dont ride hard on my cranks, most of the time ill break something else before ill break my cranks.

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 20:48 Quote
the premium cranks are strong also, but i would bend the cheap spindle and up grade to profile spindle and be set for years

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 20:49 Quote
hawaii-rider wrote:
the premium cranks are strong also, but i would bend the cheap spindle and up grade to profile spindle and be set for years

Ya sounds like a good set

Posted: Dec 17, 2012 at 7:21 Quote
kiGs13 wrote:
I am most likely going to be buying some Profile's. I just want to know the difference between the GDH's and the GDH Lite's. I've been told it's just the titanium spindle that is the only difference.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Smile

get fit indent 19mm they are super solid and stiff unlike my profiles i had that the spline strip out from a 12 stair jump and the pedal boss thingy broke. try fit indents u wont be dissapointed

Posted: Dec 17, 2012 at 12:36 Quote
What about Odyssey cranks? Twombolts/Thunderbolts?

Posted: Dec 17, 2012 at 12:38 Quote
What about Odyssey cranks? Twombolts/Thunderbolts?

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 12:01 Quote
im sorry but that guy doesnt know what he's talking about, profile cranks are easily some of the strongest cranks out, the vast majority of pro's run them even when they get other cranks for free. Redline device cranks are not race cranks and are again extremely strong

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 12:38 Quote
opinions are like a**holes...everyone has one.
its all personal preference.
i wouldnt get odyssey cranks. redline and profile are race companies for the most part, i would only get redline if it were on sale for $30. and profiles are REALLY nice but there not for me, i seen a snapped pair and a few bent n cracked ones.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010834
Mobile Version of Website