Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Trek Remedy 9 2013, what are the competitors I should be considering?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trek Remedy 9 2013, what are the competitors I should be considering?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 4:07 Quote
I'm looking to buy a AM bike that's smooth on the downs but nimble and a decent climber. I'm currently going for the Trek Remedy 9 but would like some advice on other bikes to be considering and/or if you've ridden the Remedy 9, what's your opinion of it?

Spec here:

[L=http://http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/mountain/technical_trail/remedy/remedy_9_uk/#]

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 4:24 Quote
Look at the slash. Much better on the downs and still good on the ups.

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 5:55 Quote
Looking at the same situation myself here too!

I am after a remedy, I want a aggressive all moutain bike that I can ride as hard as could my downhill
Bike, and still go up hill too, also it has to be good for me to cycle to work each day (8 miles each way) get some long distance xc rides in, and I want to race enduro this year along side dh!

I want to feel like a mini version of me session 9.9 hence my remedy is up there, but is there anything else that will feel and tick all the boxes

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 5:59 Quote
I've done 70km on my slash on one ride. For sure it's a lot more work than one that's more XC but it's a whole lot more fun.

Posted: Jan 1, 2013 at 5:42 Quote
Yeah I did consider the Slash but I think might be a bit too burly for what I ride. I ride a lot of xc singletrack too so the Remedy seemed a little more geared to this. What bikes are other manufacturers making that match up to the remedy 9 (Around £3k)

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 at 3:39 Quote
Yeh the slash is also too much for me, as I also have a deicated freeride bike!
So it more on the 150mm travel side of things with aggressive downhill geometry and also comftable to put some long miles in!
Also looking at the commencal meta and meta Sx
And obviously the stumpjumper evo,
However for me the bike has to feel like my session,
I hate riding different bikes each time and spending half an hour getting use to that bike! Want a conistence feel

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 at 7:37 Quote
I've also been looking at the Stumpjumper evo, also I've always rode bikes with Shimano drive train and fox suspension, whats Sram and the Rockshox fork like compared to the XT and Fox CTD with DCRV and Kashmia?

Also the Orange Alpine 160 anyone know much about this bike?

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 at 15:15 Quote
SRAM X9 is just about the parallel of Shimano XT.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 at 10:35 Quote
What about a Nukeproof Mega .Big Grin

Posted: Jan 5, 2013 at 6:28 Quote
I dont know how you feel about Kona, but the process looks to be a pretty nice bike, I would love to try one of those out. My other vote goes to the stumpy evo, I ride one, it kicks ass on almost any kind of trail and will not disappoint you.

Posted: Jan 5, 2013 at 7:22 Quote
2013 Giant Reign 1 is a really great bike for the price.
It comes with a great parts kit.
Best bang for your buck imo.
That's why i bought one.
I love it.

Posted: Jan 5, 2013 at 7:55 Quote
They are nice bikes but the Overdrive 2 head tube puts me off

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2013 at 19:55 Quote
I've spent quite a bit of time on the Remedy 8 on the local trails and it is a great bike, climbs really well. Its certainly a lot more capable than people give it credit for on the way back down. If you do your research on suspension designs you will notice that many of them are just copies of something else. Trek is still original and definitely works well. The only other bike that comes to mind would be a Cannondale Jekyll because the geometry and travel changes from a switch on your handle bar making it into two bikes in one. Also very light and capable like the Remedy.

Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 1:52 Quote
Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep em coming if you have anymore. Taking the Trek and a Orange Five AM out for a demo soon but still keeping my options open.

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 at 3:13 Quote
gabby wrote:
2013 Giant Reign 1 is a really great bike for the price.
It comes with a great parts kit.
Best bang for your buck imo.
That's why i bought one.
I love it.

Just got one of these too and im in love with it, ive even blown off my girlfriend a couple of times for this one

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013900
Mobile Version of Website