Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

who rides in oshawa and where is there to ride

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
who rides in oshawa and where is there to ride
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
i mean sure we have 1 small dh and some nice street but is there anywhere else and who else rides in oshawa

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
I live in the shwa but there truly isnt anything to ride. wish there was though. should get a bunch of peeps together, a couple of shovels and make some magic...

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
I live in Whitby n the only place to really ride around here is the Diablo trails on rossland and garrard. There nice n there gona get even better this year. Me n a bunch of my buddies are gona be up there almost every day building new stuff. Right now weve got a 15 foot gap thats prity gnar.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 16:44 Quote
come to courtice, right beside ya. and we have tons of jumps and trails, and we are building some massive ones this summer

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 16:49 Quote
heres a short lil vid of just a few spots we had, all from the start of the summer, so everythings kinda small. all the spots are 100x bigger now and theres alot more jumps, including wood kickers.

Views: 898    Faves: 3    Comments: 2

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
f*cking thank god there are soem people in oshawa! i was getting tired of all the wanna be newbies, but ya there aren't that many trails in oshawa but we sometimes build some haggared sketchy jumps but we have on amazing downhill that were planning to expand up by durham collage

and thats a great idea that we should all ride together sometime

Edit: this year we have plans to resurect(sp?) one of our old booter japs over a river in my backyard so that should be interesting, including alot of really good other stuff, but we have a total of 4 really good riders up in north oshawa close to the ritson fields

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
i can the of the diablo jump
the six set in the south end which only like 5 people know about
and the highway 2 jumps which like nobody know about
and kingsway
i agree to go riding sometime and well go to the highway 2 or diablo and shti

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
if im not mistaken, the six pack in south end you are talking about are decent? i heard about them and had no idea were to look so i rode all over south end looken. couldnt find em. we all should hook up sometime and do a big group ride

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
yea the six set is sick its right on the bike trail (pavement one)

k so the forest of where the six set is on simcoe and wentworth
if your at the corner there you go west right before the bridge and theres a little entrance to ride through then like its a scetcy trail there but you will find it
when your at the set you can see wentworth street

i heard about it like 2 years ago from some guy but he said he wouldnt take us there cause he wanted it to be seceret then last year we asked some little 8year old and he took us there

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
lmao thats sick. is it worth the ride down there? like how big are they

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
yea there decent id say the biggest one is 6 ft high maybe

o and there are also the ones by highway 2 and townline

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 21:27 Quote
hey if u guys are planing on building or expanding on anything leme know ive been wanthing to get some better shit goin on around here. ive built up alot of stuff around my area but its all been torn down by the city.

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 6:57 Quote
Yeah I plan to check out Diablo now and then. What I'm trying to do is really build up the Oshawa Creek trails. On the right of the bike path, south of Bloor. I got some shit done last year, but spent alot of time building in the Don Valley so I didn't get as much done as I'd like. This spring I'm going to continue where I left off. MAYBE even this weekend if the ground has thawed enough! There is great potential there and it's close to the Wentworth jumps too. PLUS a start hill!

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 7:18 Quote
photo

photo

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
That looks like a nice spot next to the river there. Is that spot also on the Oshawa creek? If not, what river IS that?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028773
Mobile Version of Website